Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-01-03 06:34:18

sunnyd503
Website

[textile] Acronym Problems After Upgrade to 4.04

I’m having an issue that’s driving me nuts. I recently upgraded to TXP 4.04. With new articles I post, or old ones I repost, all of my acronyms are being converted to small and spaced out text that looks much different from the rest of the text within an article. I have the feeling it deals with Textile and the upgrade because my older postings have not been affected.

While it may not sound like a serious issue, I’m an urban planner and we use an insane amount of acronyms (mostly because we deal with hundreds to thousands of agencies). I can barely tolerate my latest postings!! If someone could help me out, I would appreciate it. I found nothing when searching this forum (plus using the Google method). Thanks!

My website is walkableneighborhoods.com if you’d like to see an example of what I mean.

#2 2007-01-03 06:42:17

Jeremie
Website

Re: [textile] Acronym Problems After Upgrade to 4.04

Check the HTML code created. For some kind of mysterious and yet to be understood reason, now all the 3+ letters all-caps strings (whether they are acronyms or not) have their specific span and class code. You could probably still they back the way they were.

Last edited by Jeremie (2007-01-03 06:45:34)

#3 2007-01-03 07:14:22

sunnyd503
Website

Wow – that fixed it. You were right, this additional code was added around one of the acronyms I used: <span class=“caps”>CSS</span>. And it was using a caps class from my CSS that I don’t think I was using otherwise, so I just deleted it.

Funny thing about Urban Planning and Programming, we have some overlapping acronyms – the CSS I was referring to in this article stood for Context Sensitive Solutions. I finally got to mix the two worlds together.

Merci beaucoup, Jérémie. I’m very envious of where you live – it’s a fantastic and highly walkable city.

#4 2007-01-03 22:11:36

zem
Developer Emeritus

Added to the FAQ.

Alex

Board footer