Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-01-01 16:50:01

DigitalRealm
Website

Need some testing on new site

Hey all, we just launched the new DRM site this morning and we are looking for some testing feedback. Please check it out and provide any feedback that you can. This is version 1 of 2 different versions of the site.

It has been tested in Firefox, Safari, Opera, IE6 so far. Both Mac and PC platforms have been tested, but not throughly enough! I would appreciate any feedback that you guys can give me on the site. I have provided a few quick questions below….

1. Does the color scheme work well together?
2. Any problems with the Javascript or the Slimbox implementation?
3. Any tweaks that need to be made?

DigitalRealm Media

Thanks!

Cory

#2 2007-01-01 17:21:19

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Need some testing on new site

Damn, Ringo is working with you ;)

The site looks nice, the things I notice:

a) When you first visit a page that has Ajaxy effects, like the Client Login, you can see it and then it hides itself.
b) The portfolio screen shots at times forces me to scroll down to close it, maybe make them smaller or put the close button on the top?

Firefox 2.0.0.1, browser size 1024×750

#3 2007-01-01 17:23:26

DigitalRealm
Website

Ringo is my boy (and my brother)! I cannot tell you how many times I have had to hear that from him!

Yeah, I gotta work on the portfolio a bit to make the images smaller when loaded. I am also working on the MooTools stuff right now to fix what you are talking about!

#4 2007-01-01 17:37:56

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

I’d add an active class plus adequate styling to the top level nav li (div id="mainNavigation") to designate the current section. Plus, on my screen (TFT, laptop), the footer grey on blue text shows too little contrast to be easily legible.

#5 2007-01-01 19:28:41

Walker
Plugin Author
Website

On your portfolio page, you should really tie each of the sections into a complete whole so that when you get one up in the lightbox, you can click next/previous, instead of having to close the thing and reopen it with each piece.

#6 2007-01-01 19:30:37

Walker
Plugin Author
Website

Oh, right, how-to……you do that by putting rel="lightbox[group]" in the rel tag. You can do rel="lightbox[print]" for one set and rel="lightbox[web]" for the other.

#7 2007-01-01 20:20:18

marios
Archived Plugin Author

( Some mainstream browsers, not all of them, and one Legacy Browser )

1. Does the color scheme work well together?

Font resizing: In that case, the white section titles will slide down into the grey backgrounded main content and sidebar area, and would be hardly legible not only for visitors with impaired vision.

2. Any problems with the Javascript or the Slimbox implementation?

Seemed to work. Had a look also in Netscape 7.1 ( ok, this one is quite old, but just out of curiosity , except here the close cross doesnt’ show up)
In the same browser, any content exceeding the main content area ( part of the main navigation and part of the logo was cut off )

3. Any tweaks that need to be made?

• The javascript used on the services section doesn’t degrade gracefully on Legacy Browsers, which means content becomes inaccessible
  • Some double margin bug Issue with IE Legacy versions up to 6 for the Subheaders in the Services section
  • One suggestion: Extend the blue background gradient / color to encompass the full extent of the Body further down the footer
  • Contact page: Some tweaking on the CSS for the dropdown menu ( It will display inline with small font sizes and slide after the title text )
  • The service section headers could need an additional means to indicate, that they are links.
    ( Only on Safari 419.2 they where underlined )

The overall Design looked good to my eyes .

regards, marios

Last edited by marios (2007-01-01 20:21:25)

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

Board footer