Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-12-20 03:13:39

khedaywi

Textpattern for Church Community

I’ve been looking at Textpattern, along with Wordpress and Drupal, for making a website for my church.

I really think that Drupal will be the best solution for the long run especially since the church is growing extremely fast. But I wanted to get some suggestions.

Here’s the needs for the site:
-Event Management (+ a sidebar for upcoming events)
-Podcasting (for Audio and Video) Capabilities w/ Streaming
-Image and Video Galaries
-Posts with Inline Images
-A news section

Also things like uploading images and podcasting, etc need to be fairly simple. AND there needs to be access rights so that contributors/ authors can’t get into the meat of the backend and screw things up.

What kind of plugins would be needed to do this? How much coding in PHP would be needed (not very good with this)?

Any suggestions/ comments would be greatly helpful.

Thanks!

#2 2006-12-20 03:30:41

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Textpattern for Church Community

You can do a Church site with Textpattern but Drupal already has many Church sites running.

Like this one: http://sojournhuntsville.org/

There are some prebuilt packages available to get you going, search on the Drupal site.

#3 2006-12-21 18:24:32

DigitalRealm
Website

Re: Textpattern for Church Community

I recently launched a church site that was built using Textpattern, you can check it out here.

I believe that TXP would certainly be able to handle everything that you are looking to do. I also believe that it will be much easier to do it in TXP than it will be with Drupal.

Board footer