Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-12-07 15:57:00

dai

Adding External RSS feeds as articles

Hi all

Im trying to find out if there is a plugin which, when told to, will add RSS feeds into my textpattern site as if they are articles…does one exist? Ive found some with add links to the side bar, but I would like all the info from the RSS feed to be displayed.

Thanks

dai

#2 2006-12-07 18:00:53

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Adding External RSS feeds as articles

Give bit_rss a try.

There’s also the SimplePie Textpattern plugin that I use on many of my sites.

#3 2006-12-08 16:06:32

dai

thanks for that…my next question is: How do I install a plugin? ;-) can’t find enough information out about it, please help…

dai

#4 2006-12-08 16:36:44

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Hi dai,

I looked around for some general info about installing plugins but couldn’t find it. Keep in mind that many plugins have associated help, since each plugin is different.

Plugins are distributed in a text file that when you open it up in a text editor doesn’t look like much. While you have it opened up in a text editor, select all of it, Ctrl-A would do this. Then go into your admin section and click the plugins tab, on the top is a box where you would paste what you have in your clipboard from the copy you just did, then you click Upload and then Install.

That’s it, then remember to activate it and start using it. Most plugins have a help page to get you started.

#5 2006-12-08 17:07:15

dai

hi hcgtv

thanks v.much for your time…

Ive uploaded the plugin fine but now i dont know how to apply it to my site…any help would be great…I have actually started a thread regarding this @ http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?id=16794&p=6

regards

dai

Board footer