Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-11-30 11:49:26

masa

Gallery w. thumbs in side col but full-size image in main col ?

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to set up a gallery in a two-column layout so that the thumbnails go into the sidecolumn while the large image is displayed in the main column and swapped out according to what thumb is clicked.

So far I’ve created galleries with rss_thumbpop by placing its tag in the article body. However this will also render the thumbs within the article’s body, either above or below the full-size image, which is not the desired effect.

What I can’t figure out is how to separate the thumbs from the large image so only the large image shows in the article’s body. It seems I would need to split up the article, but how? I’m already using the excerpt field, but perhaps I could use/hack a custom field to achieve that?

Any hints woud be very much appreciated!

Cheers Martin

#2 2006-11-30 13:32:19

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Re: Gallery w. thumbs in side col but full-size image in main col ?

Try to understand image_index, image_display. I think they might be useful though I haven’t managed to understand the documentation yet ;-)

#3 2006-12-02 08:56:37

masa

I had been looking into those a while ago, but was never able to make them work. If I use <txp:image_index /><txp:image_display /> I get a list of linked thumbs, but clicking those doesn’t bring up any full-size images at the location of <txp:image_display />.

They are the most obscure txp tags to me. ;-)

#4 2006-12-02 16:59:37

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

I did some digging around, and tried to express my findings in Textbook: image_index, image_display. Basically, image_index and image_display provide a means for linking image categories with article categories (if both are used inside an article form). This might be the reason why image_display renders no output at all in your case (article category does not match image category).

Might be of use in your case, otherwise I consider it worth researching these obscure tags a little deeper as it at least lead to a better wiki page (imho).

Last edited by wet (2006-12-02 17:00:35)

Board footer