Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2007-01-11 14:42:21

gerhard
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Plugin: zem_contact_reborn 4.0.3.18 (old version)

Hello lateral thinking! Duohhhhhh!

Cheers Ruud

#74 2007-01-11 15:20:52

els

I’ve got a client who insists on using her hotmail address to receive her email, but no messages are received at all. It’s working fine with all other email addresses. We also tried with another hotmail address, but no go. Does anyone know if this can be solved, or does hotmail just dislike contact forms and do I have to give her an ordinary email link?

#75 2007-01-11 16:05:49

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Is it possible to check the mail logs on that server? If so, you can check what the response of the hotmail mailserver was when mail delivery was attempted. Knowing the reject reason, it’s often possible to work around it (unless the IPnr of the server is blacklisted by hotmail).

If the hotmail mailserver does accept the email, then it must be some kind of spam filtering. I’ve never used hotmail, but I assume they have spamfiltering and perhaps also a separate mailbox where spam is stored. Perhaps the reason for marking it as spam can be found in the headers of the email there.

If it is spamfiltering that’s causing this and you don’t mind a bit of experimenting, you could try sending manually crafted emails from that server. Starting very simple, so that it looks like a normal mail (at least not like something a contact form would send) and add variations until it is identical to the mails that ZCR sends. At some point the mails should start being rejected. That’s one way to find what triggers the mail filter.

#76 2007-01-11 17:21:59

els

Thanks, Ruud. As far as I can see I can’t check the mail logs. I’ve asked the client to check her spam box, but I don’t know if hotmail keeps the spam or removes it right away. In this case I’m not too keen on experimenting, so if it just won’t work I’ll put a normal email link on the site. At least with hotmail I suppose she won’t have to worry about receiving spam ;)

#77 2007-01-14 18:59:05

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Hi ruud,

I’m looking to display a form for all the different writers on a site with their individual “to” address.
So I’ have got the corresponding address with this sql query :

<txp:php> global $addr; $query = "SELECT u.email from txp_users u left join textpattern t on u.name = t.authorid where t.id=".$thisarticle["thisid"]; $result = mysql_query($query); if (mysql_num_rows($result) != 0) { $addr = mysql_result($result,0,"email");} </txp:php> <txp:zem_contact to="<txp:php>echo $addr;</txp:php>" />

…but can’t send it. The error message says : “Address to missing”

How to make this rule?
Tks lot.

Last edited by Pat64 (2007-01-14 19:00:17)

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#78 2007-01-14 19:25:03

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Patrick, use the to_form attribute instead of the to attribute. Example

<txp:zem_contact to_form="my_to_form" />

Using a TXP form called ‘my_to_form’ that contains:

<txp:php>
  $query = "SELECT u.email from txp_users u left join textpattern t on u.name = t.authorid where t.id=".$thisarticle["thisid"];
  $result = mysql_query($query);
  if (mysql_num_rows($result) != 0) {
    echo mysql_result($result,0,"email");
  }
  else {
    echo 'default-email-address@example.com';
  }
</txp:php>

Last edited by ruud (2007-01-14 19:26:45)

#79 2007-01-14 19:41:36

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

ruud you’re my friend! :)
I’d tested the to_form attribute associate with my variable $addr…and obviously it didn’t work.
Tks again, man!

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#80 2007-01-18 06:22:59

infusion

Hi everyone. At the recommendation of benbruce (POSTMASTER plugin), I’m posting a problem that I’m having with ZCR. What I’m basically trying to do is to do a copysender except that I want to send a custom email and not the data from the form that was just filled in. What I did was to first create a form called “New Retailer Email” with the content being:-

<code>
<p>Thank you for subscribing with us.</p>

<p>We might occassionally send you emails on the latest products that we have. If you do not wish to receive these emails, please click on the link below:-

<txp:bab_pm_unsubscribeLink type=“text” />
</code>

Then I created a new article and filled it up like so:

<code>
<txp:zem_contact to=“myemail@myemail.com” redirect=“Info/registration-received” copysender=“yes” subject=“New Subscription” thanks_form=“New Retailer Email”>
<txp:zem_contact_text name=“zemSubscriberName” label=“Your Name:” required=“yes” />
<txp:zem_contact_email name=“zemSubscriberEmail” label=“Your Email:” />
<txp:zem_contact_text name=“zemSubscriberCustom1” label=“Phone:” min=7 />
<txp:zem_contact_text name=“zemSubscriberCustom2” label=“Fax:” required=“no” />
<input type=“hidden” name=“zemSubscriberLists” value=“ONE OF MY LISTS” >
<txp:zem_contact_submit />
</txp:zem_contact>
</code>

But this doesn’t work and the subscriber is still just getting a response with the details he/she just keyed in i.e name, tel, etc. Could someone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

Also, the admin (me) does not receive a copy of the subscription when I have copysender=“yes”. I understand that this may be because my host blocks BCC fields? Is there a work around?

#81 2007-01-18 11:57:31

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

The BCC problem will be solved in the next version, which sends 2 separate emails instead of using BCC.

ZCR currently doesn’t support sending a custom message to the sender, so the form contents are always included in the form. You can however add a zem_contact_secret tag to include extra info in the email. The value/contents of that tag can be a message you want to add to the email. Both sender and you will get the same email.

#82 2007-01-18 12:06:45

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

ruud wrote:

ZCR currently doesn’t support sending a custom message to the sender, so the form contents are always included in the form. You can however add a zem_contact_secret tag to include extra info in the email. The value/contents of that tag can be a message you want to add to the email. Both sender and you will get the same email.

Argh! This is a really bad news for Postmaster needs. Are there plans to support custom message? I.e, via two forms that could contain the custom message for admin and subscriber/sender (that would include one or more form elements used in the form itself, so that the mail could contain – or not – some information filled in by subscriber, but in a more flexible way)? It would raise a new world of opportunities for this amazing plugin…

Z-

#83 2007-01-19 03:48:11

mrdale
Website

I’m getting 500 Internal Server errors with this version. I’ve used pre 18 versions for ever and never had an error. It does copy sender successfully but fails to send to the “to” email address. I’m not doing anything out of the ordinary. Any ideas?

#84 2007-01-21 21:11:12

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

zanza, let me think about making customizable email messages. I think just one form will suffice, combined with a conditional tag to differentiate between recipients (to vs. cc)

mrdale, you’re getting a http 500 error but the email is sent. That is strange… are you using the ‘redirect’ attribute? Can you provide more details on which form you’re using and where/when the error occurs?

Board footer