Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-11-11 02:19:31

BOVN

TXP and personal comment function

Hi.

I am currently developing a site that is like an online magazine. A couple of weeks ago I created a comment function for them. Just a plain and simple comment area. However the comment posted are linked to its article of course. This I did by having the URL as an article_id in comments database. On the webpage there will be a section where the visitors will be able to see the latest comments. So now when I use textpattern for their blog I want my personal made comment function to be the one in use. This way all comments will be stored in the comments database, not in different ones. I know what I have to do with the article_id and etc to get this working, yet how I link this to the “Enable or dissable comment for this article” in publish view I do not know. Is there perhaps a plugin for this or do I have to hack myself through Textpatterns endless codes? :)

Best regards,
Bovn

#2 2006-11-11 03:45:59

zem
Developer Emeritus

Re: TXP and personal comment function

The obvious solution would seem to be, use Textpattern’s built-in comment features, rather than reinventing the wheel.

Alex

#3 2006-11-11 15:14:40

BOVN

Yes, of course that would be a good “solution” however I want my comments to be stored in the same database as the comments from the articles. Sure, I could just redirect those to the txp_discuss table, but that is not a great solution. Most of all I would like to use my comment function…

Last edited by BOVN (2006-11-11 15:15:10)

#4 2006-11-11 20:37:25

zem
Developer Emeritus

Yes, of course that would be a good “solution” however I want my comments to be stored in the same database as the comments from the articles.

Again, why not just use Textpattern’s built-in comment system? Even if it requires modification, it’s better than starting from scratch.

Alex

Board footer