Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#229 2008-01-03 22:48:15

typeshige
Website

Re: Ebl_batchupload

My site has a tenative URL until we go live. I’d like to mass import my images now. Do you have any suggestions? Can I “trade in” my plugin for another once we switch urls?

Having never bought a commercial plugin before, will I somehow not be able to view the source or something from the plugin admin screen?

It might be nice if there was a demo of the plugin for folks to try out!

That being said, the price is very reasonable.

Thanks,
Shige

#230 2008-01-04 18:43:29

TheEric
Plugin Author

@typeshige – Sure. Not a problem.

The Flash Source is not available, but the PHP code that ties it together with the flash interface isn’t obfuscated or anything. It can be edited / modified however you may wish. The only caveat is that it can’t be freely “distributed.” (more of an honour thing, really)

#231 2008-01-23 21:09:32

TheEric
Plugin Author

After banging my head against the wall for the past two weeks, trying to squash a particularly loathesome bug, I finally stumbled upon the culprit. I had not reset a variable back to “0” Silly mistake it was. So now, after finally squashing that bug, I am about ready to re-release ebl_batchupload as EBL_Upload. The promotional price of $9.99 will stay, although there is likely going to be a promotional price for the first 50 domains.

New in this version (EBL_Upload. Version 1,5):

• Added Localization
  • User selectable High Quality Setting
  • Can import TIFs/BMP images (but not resize)
  • Reduced footprint. Flash filesize was reduced from 170k to 89k
  • Cancel Button

Fixes in this version:

• EOLAS problem squashed. Works in IE 7
    • Will require the installation of EBL_SWFOBJECT
  • 406/412 error corrected through the use of an htaccess file.

Anticipated Changes for version 2.0

• The external language file will be embedded into the TXP DB.
  • Embedding even smaller flash file into TXP database.
  • HTML/CSS/Javascript front-end with external calls to the flash file.
  • Ability to send more than just image files.

I will open a new topic once I’ve completed the testing. So far, everything looks great!

Last edited by TheEric (2008-01-23 21:10:37)

#232 2008-01-23 21:21:11

jstubbs
Website

Fantastic! Will you be sending this out to the original subscribers by email, or do we have to contact you? Looking forward to trying it out…!

#233 2008-01-23 21:31:19

TheEric
Plugin Author

You’ll need to contact me for the latest edition. There will be (eventually) a URL where to download the plugin and generate the serial number for each URL, but I haven’t completed that just yet. The image gallery / administration utility will be setup the same way.

#234 2008-01-23 22:23:07

jstubbs
Website

Sent you email, Eric.

#235 2008-01-23 22:27:15

saccade
Plugin Author

Sent an e-mail too, thanks for all your work finishing this helpful plugin.

#236 2008-01-23 22:41:30

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

TheEric wrote:

You’ll need to contact me for the latest edition. There will be (eventually) a URL where to download the plugin and generate the serial number for each URL, but I haven’t completed that just yet. The image gallery / administration utility will be setup the same way.

Is your plugin developed for use with Crockery or 4.0.5? I ask because I am curious about the need to license GPL code to specific URLs (4.0.x is GPL, so therefore all plugins must be GPL). What steps, if any, do you plan on taking to prevent some one from downloading the plugin and then modifying it to either rerelease it or so that it works on any of their sites without a license code?

#237 2008-01-23 23:43:45

masa

Hi Eric,

just a few questions…

Does the new version solve the problem for people on txd servers?
Where would I be able to purchase a license and download the plugin?
(I checked your site, but to no avail.)

Thanks!

Cheers Martin

#238 2008-01-24 01:43:11

TheEric
Plugin Author

Manfre wrote:

Manfre wrote: Is your plugin developed for use with Crockery or 4.0.5? I ask because I am curious about the need to license GPL code to specific URLs (4.0.x is GPL, so therefore all plugins must be GPL). What steps, if any, do you plan on taking to prevent some one from downloading the plugin and then modifying it to either rerelease it or so that it works on any of their sites without a license code?

Without getting into a whole legal diatribe, it is my belief that the Flash portion of this application is not covered by the GPL as it doesn’t hook into any of the native Textpattern code. Also, since the SWF does not run on the same machine, or share-memory space with Textpattern, it falls short of being covered by the GPL. When distributed in its current iteration (1.5) it is a complete working entity unto itself, and capable of being integrated into Expression Engine, Wordpress, Textpattern, or any other CMS. The GPL code would be the actual “txp-plugin” that it can communicate with and does the TXP specific functions. That code can be edited/distributed by whomever has received it, so long as they follow the GPL.

The flash source will not be provided. The SWF requires a separate flat-file with specific settings that point it to the URL and a registration number that will only work with the one URL and no other. Were anyone to decompile it, break it and make it work on any other domain other than what was specifically intended, I would be highly annoyed and might flex my Pro-Se muscles :)

Last edited by TheEric (2008-01-24 01:51:24)

#239 2008-01-24 01:49:09

TheEric
Plugin Author

masa wrote:

Does the new version solve the problem for people on txd servers?

Yes. It solves this by means of an htaccess file that modifies the behavior of mod_security.

Where would I be able to purchase a license and download the plugin?

The newer version will be available for download purchase at http://www.syserror.net/code/ I could have sworn you paid part of the ransom for the original plugin though.

- Eric

#240 2008-01-26 11:50:55

jstubbs
Website

Eric, have you released this yet?

Board footer