Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-11-01 10:48:11

tormu
Website

How do I change the "remember/forget" text at comment form?

As it says on the subject..
We have a French website and everything on the site should be on French, since the French seem to be pretty picky about their language ;)

I could change the other elements, but the Remember/Forget-text and the preview and submit buttons are still in English and I don’t know how to change them..
http://www.radio86.fr/business/707/mushi-le-modele-de-louest-habille-les-femmes-chinoises

Here’s the whole comment form at this point:
http://pastebin.ca/232464

#2 2006-11-01 11:02:29

Sencer
Archived Developer
Website

Re: How do I change the "remember/forget" text at comment form?

You need to switch your admin-side language to French, that will handle all public-side tags that output language as well. If you want to use different languages from admin-side and public-side you need a small plugin that will load the other language for one of the two areas.

#3 2006-11-01 11:32:08

tormu
Website

ok thanks, I didn’t know that kind of plugin was made, didn’t found when I searched the last time :)
Could you point me to it, please?

#4 2006-11-01 17:47:22

jayrope
Plugin Author
Website Mastodon

line 593 of the file en-gb.txt in folder lang says
remember => Remember

maybe you could try changing that, but it is just a guess. And aswell i don’t know, if that file is subject to change on language and/or textpattern updates – you might end up having to manually re-edit all your custom changes.
sencer, what’s the french equivalent to en-gb.txt? or is french only stored in the DB?

Last edited by jayrope (2006-11-01 17:49:11)

A hole turned upside down is a dome, when there’s also gravity.

#5 2006-11-01 18:57:34

Sencer
Archived Developer
Website

ok thanks, I didn’t know that kind of plugin was made, didn’t found when I searched the last time :) Could you point me to it, please?

Did you full yunderstand my suggestion? Is there a specific reason why you cannot switch textpattern to french language?

I don’t know if someone made it into a plugin, I had posted the snippet a couple of times on the forum, try searching for it, if you actually need it.

jayrope: All languages are stored in the DB. The admin-UI for languages, and the README in the lang-folder are actually quite explicit about how things work…

#6 2006-11-02 07:59:22

tormu
Website

Well, then the problem still remains as it was the last time someone brought this up – The users of the site are French and I’m Finnish – I don’t know one word about French :D
It’s not impossible to use the admin section with the French language, but it sure does make it harder since I don’t know what anything means :P

I was hoping someone already made a plugin that would make it possible to make the site itself language X and the administration language Y :/

#7 2006-11-02 08:16:04

Sencer
Archived Developer
Website

Change the language to french, then open any admin-side plugin and add this:

$GLOBALS['textarray']=load_lang('en-gb');

Board footer