Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-10-24 19:49:18

variaas
Plugin Author
Website

2 pages/ 1 Section

So I wanted to create a plugin that would allow me custom define what page to use for a section.

Reviewing the code, I found that the page is pulled in the textpattern() function in publish.php, so I’m not sure if a plugin would be able to accomplish the desired effect. Before I do a mod, does anyone have any other thoughts?

My use scenario looks something like this – I have a section called “resume” and a page assigned to it called “resume_html”. The articles in this section are assigned specific categories: “objective”, “education”, “experience”, “notable project”, etc… When you visit the website it will generate a nicely xhtml/css formatted page. Now certain online career sites request a text version of your resume, so I want to create another page that will create a text version of the articles. I could accomplish this with two separate sections, but I find it less intuitive. I would prefer to have the schema work as such:

site.com/resume – html version
site.com/resume/text – text version
site.com/resume/pdf – pdf version

Any thoughts?

#2 2006-10-25 09:21:13

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

Re: 2 pages/ 1 Section

gbp_permanent_links can do this – uses that thread if you need any help setting this up.

Board footer