Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-05-23 14:19:03

Ace of Dubs

[request] Image Plugin with Friendly File Names?

Currently using UPM Image pop and really love how simple and intuitive it is. My only gripe with this, (and several other) image plugins is the file-naming conventions. I am one of those anal-retentive coders who thrives on clean heirarchy and understandable file names. (names like “2t.jpg” make me sad.) So, unless someone has already done it, what I propose is this:

A plugin that will resize to different specs that you establish and then name them in relation to the original file.

For example, let’s say I have a file named “articleTitle.jpg” on my hard drive. I upload it to TxP admin and want to create three different sizes… thumb, medium and large. The plugin would create the files and name them accordingly:

articleTitle_thumb.jpg
articleTitle_medium.jpg
articleTitle_large.jpg

The beauty of this is that I am pretty sure there is a way I can create an article form that would automatically setup the images for me with minimal fuss. I am thinking of my less code-savvy clients who will be maintaining their site without my help.

Sidenote: Times like this make me wish I knew PHP and though the language has intimidated me for years, I am looking for book / web recommendations as such proficiency would be invaluable.

Board footer