Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#97 2006-06-28 10:53:07

mormir

Re: Plugin Requests

<blockquote>Do you mean restricting editing access to articles within a given section and not within any other sections? Or am I misinterpretting what you mean?</blockquote>

Yes, you think good.

#98 2006-06-30 04:09:39

marios
Archived Plugin Author

@Steve, the thing is up and running, so we can start to play with it.

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#99 2006-06-30 09:21:14

Destry
Website

I’d like to reallocate my $50 pledge on the PayPal plugin to a 50&euro; pledge to the multilanguage publishing plugin. For me, the latter is far more important.

Besides, I’m a little confused now where things are going with the ecommerce plugin…there’s been no official claim for it, yet hints have been given by both wilshire (here) and TeamTextpattern (here) that each has it in their scope. A little more clarity would be helpful.

#100 2006-06-30 09:31:27

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Destry wrote:

to a 50&euro; pledge to the multilanguage publishing plugin. For me, the latter is far more important.

good choice,

any one else who would like to support this plugin ?
More funds are definitely needed.

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#101 2006-07-01 00:03:03

cabanadigital

Hi. I’m developing a commercial web site by using Textpattern. The site needs an exclusive area for clients. This plugin ign_password_protect almost suits my needs; however, I need certain modifications that my few abilities in Php and My SQL don’t allow me to reach.
I would like to know if there is someone (with a Pay Pal account) that could do that and how much it would cost.
This is what I need: the ign_password_protect allows creating new users with their own login and password. I would need to add a drop down with the site’s sections in order to associate to each user one particular section of the site.
Thanks,

José

#102 2006-07-01 18:16:40

maniqui
Website

Hi all,

this guy has made a cool request: the random comment plug-in request but it has been unnoticed, I think.

Mary, could it be added to the unclaimed plug-ins?
thanks.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#103 2006-07-01 20:19:51

akokskis
Plugin Author
Website

Also, FWIW, I’m the one who’s claimed the WP code display plugin.

My Photoblog, and my personal site. Got nav? ako_nav.
Thanks for taking the time to look…

— vc3 —

#104 2006-07-02 06:01:20

akokskis
Plugin Author
Website

maniqui wrote:

Hi all,
this guy has made a cool request: the random comment plug-in request but it has been unnoticed, I think.

Click pleasure

My Photoblog, and my personal site. Got nav? ako_nav.
Thanks for taking the time to look…

— vc3 —

#105 2006-07-02 17:38:13

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Bump. It’s been a while since I last bumped the topic, so make sure you’re aware of the current list status. :)

#106 2006-07-04 18:07:20

genosypheus

[Request] IMDB Vote History Plugin for TXP

Hi all, this plugin which I’m requesting has actually been made for MT by this guy, Paul Downey, but it’s definitely not available for TXP or WP at this moment.

Function: Extracts my vote history from IMDB.com and presents them in a table on my site

Demo: click here

Working Plugin for MT: click here

What I want: A plugin that functions exactly in the same way as this Paul Downey’s, and works for TXP.

What I pledge: 10 USD

#107 2006-07-04 18:26:57

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Added genosypheus’ request.

#108 2006-07-04 23:24:11

guiguibonbon

Ooops, looks like I missed how this multi-lingual thing evolved. I would have loved to share some of the code I wrote but it’s a dirty mix of hacks and hacked plugins. And the site is still local.

It seems to me you have overlooked a few things. Only translating the articles often isn’t enough. You might want the title of your site, the menu or other “static” content to be translated. To acheive this, I made forms like en_header and fr_header and the language handler loaded them accordingly. That language handler checked each form being outputted, to see it its name began with fr_ (standard language), in which case it queryed the en_ form if language was set to en. But a marker could also be used to separate the forms. So, overall, any actual text would be put in forms, and none in pages.

You might also start thinking of how the language choice will be set. I used cookies and a custom get value. The code I added somewhere in the source checked if any cookie or get values were set for the language, if not it redirected to a php page I had put outside the folder where textpattern was installed, which asked for a language choice, then sent the user back to the previous page with the lang get value, which in turn triggered the cookie value to be set.

The problem that arose is that search engines (and some loosers) obviously don’t support cookies, so all the permlinks had to have the lang value if the cookie was not set, but the get value was : another hack made this possible.

For the articles, I hacked a pagination plugin, as told before.

The titles were the same for both languages, but maybe, with mod_rewrite, we could use id in the uri, plus the title, but which would stand there solely for decoration purpose, and would be translated.

If those two last things can certainly be done with a fresh plugin, I wonder if all the rest can. Maybe we could make a txp:lang_output_form and a txp:lang_permlink function, but the whole check for cookie before loading page… well, I’m curious. For as far as I got it greamer’s solution doesn’t use cookies, and the permlinks redirect to the unlocalised version. But maybe net-carver has already thought of a solution ?

Board footer