Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2006-12-03 15:14:44

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: Textile on these forums

Mary, may I ask how you are calling textile for this forum with the new textile 2.0.0? (i.e. with which parameters).

It seems to me that the TextileRestricted is a little too restrictive for forum use (no ul, ol, no images linked from elsewhere) and the standard textileThis is perhaps a little too generous judging by what you’ve excluded in this forum.

I’d be interested to know if you could achieve this through the parameters or whether you had to modify classTextile.php to achieve the right mixture.

EDIT: After playing around I think you may be using TextileRestricted but with lite = false (overriding standard true) and noimages= false (overriding standard true). Is that correct? HTML is escaped as are style, id and class which reduces vulnerabilities. Would that still be a ‘safe’ setup for a forum?

Last edited by jakob (2006-12-03 16:13:56)

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#26 2006-12-05 22:18:48

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

After playing around I think you may be using… Is that correct?

Yep.

Would that still be a ‘safe’ setup for a forum?

I am still getting used to the new Textile myself.

I had to make some modifications of PunBB to deal with spam. I created a new user group which users get added to by default when they join. In the parser, I check the usergroup before running the parse.

• Images are only allowed by the older, “trusted” members. That’s a very important distinction; I would not recommend letting just any bozo post images.
  • I have lite turned off. It means you have to trust that users won’t screw up your layout (with tables, etc). It should still be “safe” because of using TextileRestricted.

#27 2006-12-06 14:09:02

jakob
Admin
Website

Thanks for the infos, Mary!

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer