Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#91 2007-03-13 23:19:40

jarzium

Re: Widescreen, a photoblog template

hmm, im using php 4.3.9 and im having error msg of having security related risks.
im told to turn off register_globals, and i assume it’s in the .htaccess file?

there’s this line that goes ‘#php_value register_globals 0’

so how do i turn if off? just by uncommenting it?

#92 2007-04-09 14:52:40

Zodiac

Does this design work in the latest version of textpattern? Cause mine is all borked up…

Special Order 937: “Nostromo Rerouted To New Coordinates. Investigate Life Form. Gather Specimen. Priority One. Insure Return Of Organism For Analysis. All Other Considerations Secondary. Crew Expendable.”

#93 2007-04-14 12:20:14

rolograaf
Website

James,
thank you,
Widescreen is beautiful and I seem to have gotten it to work as it was meant to be. Although I would like tot tweak it some more, for example increase the fontsize.

jmuspratt wrote:
bq. …customize the RSS feed, and therefore include images that are posted with Widescreen. I’ll get that all set up in the next version of Widescreen..

Can’t wait!

I have another question, maybe this is even a feature request. One of my uploaded pictures is too big for the widescreen: www.rolograaf.nl/fotoblog/Phoebe

Is there maybe a solution possible that on a certain area of the box while hovering over, the box disappears so you can see the complete picture underneath?

Thanks again
Lawrence / Rolograaf

Last edited by rolograaf (2007-04-14 12:22:22)

#94 2007-05-17 02:22:39

lexfor

Is there any way to have a post without a photo? I know that The point of the layout is to post photos, but would it be possible to have a post where the space taken up by a photo is filled with the text of the post instead?

#95 2007-05-18 04:25:40

eyePIXELS

Wow this is a beautiful template. Something i would love to use as my design for my photography site.
I currently have this setup on my lab site for testing. I have managed to get it pretty much going thanks to your documentation. One irk i have is the comment box overlapping the top menu as seen in this image.

Last edited by eyePIXELS (2007-05-18 04:30:58)

#96 2007-05-18 17:03:21

jmuspratt
Website

lexfor — You could probably create a special form for text-only posts and use Textpattern’s “form override” each time you posted it. I’ll consider incorporating that for the next version of Widescreen.

eyePixels — I think you’re getting that overlap because of the tag errors being produced by the plugin (it doesn’t happen on your individual photo pages). Maybe something’s not quite right with the tru_tags plugin?

#97 2007-05-18 22:09:12

lexfor

I’m having a problem after previewing a comment. The preview shows up fine in the normal comment area, but the name, date, and message also appear over the comment form as shown here.

The linked image is what happens after clicking preview.

My site.

Last edited by lexfor (2007-05-18 22:09:57)

#98 2007-05-21 11:36:15

kvnmcwebn
Website

Hi im troubleshooting,
The original htaccess causes a 500 server error. Below is all that i can run on my hosting without causing a server error. Is it enough? What format should i set the clean urls mode to? Also doesnt this template need any categories?

DirectoryIndex index.php index.html

php_value register_globals 0

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^tag/([^/]+)$ tag/$1/ [R,L] RewriteRule ^tag/(.+)/$ ?s=tag&t=$1

RewriteCond %\{REQUEST_FILENAME\} -f [OR] RewriteCond %\{REQUEST_FILENAME\} -d RewriteRule ^(.+) – [PT,L]

RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php
</IfModule>
}

its a bad hen that wont scratch itself.
photogallery

#99 2007-06-05 14:34:50

bluesaphyer

Hi All,

I’m new to textpattern. The widescreen template is just beautiful, but I’m wondering if there’s any easy way to automatically include the exif data for photos? I think in the sidebar under the description would be a good place to put it.

Thanks,
Julie

#100 2007-07-02 12:58:06

Spot
Website

Thanks for a great template jmuspratt.

Sorry I’ve messed with it a bit – taken out the commenting – as I wanted just a place to upload photos, but I have been trying to hide an info/about icon I created in the header, when on that section (as in the “Shift further for You-Are-Here effect” in home/archives) but can’t find how to pick it up – as with #current and #archive. Could you please point me in the right direction for this :) I’m currently using #information so not to conflict with about or info.

Also, has there been any development/hack in getting the tru_tags plugin to support paging, so I can limit the thumbnails on a tag page. Not that there are many photos (1 at the time of writing this!) on the site: http://david-hall.net

Cheers.

iMac 3.06 GHz 2 GB SDRAM
OSX 10.6.2

Board footer