Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2006-04-02 00:50:27

Elenita
Website

Re: [request] TextCart.

Count me in as someone who’d like to see this, but not included in the core.

From a developer’s perspective, I understand that it’d be harder to create if limited as a plugin. But speaking strictly as a user, I think it’d detract from my experience if it were included out of the box.

I could see this being useful —very useful — for some projects. And for that reason alone, I’d support it. But for other projects, particularly some types of personal projects, I’d think it be more bloat than anything else. It’d introduce a lot of options that might confuse new users (or even clients), add a lot of code that would then have to be maintained and monitored for bugs and security exploits, and might slow things down some (I like things that are lean and mean). I don’t know how many Textpattern sites have a need for e-commerce, but I’d guess that it’s a minority and I’m not sure the tradeoffs are worth it.

Just my 2 cents.

#14 2006-04-02 03:35:03

akokskis
Plugin Author
Website

I’d have to agree with Elenita in that including this eCommerce ability in the core would probably cause more trouble in the long run than it’s worth, especially with all the monitoring and maintaining for security exploits within the eCommerce code.

My Photoblog, and my personal site. Got nav? ako_nav.
Thanks for taking the time to look…

— vc3 —

#15 2006-04-02 04:07:51

Nichod

Well it was worth a try. I’ll look into other CMS solutions for this problem, and maybe see if I can work something into TXP myself.

#16 2006-04-27 21:39:55

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

If you don’t mind wrestling with Drupal, I’ve heard good things about the e-commerce module for that CMS.

Board footer