Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-01-08 03:26:33

squaredeye
Website

Request: Thumbs to have their own directory?

So, I really don’t know the implications of this, but I know their are several php add-on type scripts like simpleviewer for instance that let you integrate your txp images directory right into where they draw their images from.

however:
You are then not allowed any thumbnails, or these programs will grab the thumbs as well, and rotate them through the list.
thumbs are good:
For more than just showing on your “end-page”, they are helpful for sorting and viewing from the admin side of things as well.

Thus, the need or desire for an option for a separate thumbs directory?

In my head, I am wondering about backwards compatability, and if this is an issue, then perhaps this is a plugin thing?

Matthew

#2 2006-01-08 04:27:09

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Request: Thumbs to have their own directory?

This is something that is also necessary for applications like SlideShowPro.

I’m working on a custom plugin to integrate with SSP and I had to force thumbnails to be created in their own directory. It required hacking 1 TXP file but it did the trick.

I think th implications of this would be pretty big however because there are so many plugins that rely on the current structure.

#3 2006-01-08 04:37:44

squaredeye
Website

Rob,
I started thinking about that as well. I don’t know php well enough to say so, but can you give it a function to check for thumbs (55t.jpg) in /images and when it does not find the t (alphanumeric character), it looks in /thumbs ?

I suppose that extends the process time as well?

Hmm.

Let me know if you want me to beta test this. The two image related plugins I currently use for the site I am testing this with, are glx_admin_image (Graumeister’s additioin of Johan’s plugin) and Mary’s (Hakjoon’s) upm_img_popper.

Thanks,

matthew

#4 2006-01-09 14:59:25

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

I actually modified glx_admin_image to work with the /thumbs directory because I’m using that as well. It would be possible to check both locations for the thumbnails but it would probably be cleaner to write a script to convert thumbnails to the new directory. I’ll let you know when this is ready to test…

#5 2006-02-03 13:56:10

Denbo
Website

Hey Rob!
I want to use SSP on my site, but possibility of integration with TXP is not sufficient. It would be great to obtain the part of functionality SSPAdmin in your plug-in for TXP :-)
Or it can be possible to obtain the all functions replacement of SSPAdmin with it? ;-))
Anyway I can’t wait for this plug-in!!! :-)

Last edited by Denbo (2006-02-03 14:33:02)

#6 2006-02-03 17:26:55

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

The schedule for the project I’m creating this for has been extended so its still not ready yet. Probably not for a few weeks at least.

#7 2006-02-19 01:20:18

robert1
Website

Maybe one plugin with random function, which is taking images and with an attribute also thumbs out of an image category.

Board footer