Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#21 2005-12-03 18:39:18

nighthawk
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] wow_menu-Full menu control (order, hide/show items, subtree)

> Hi, I did that and it does not work. In my case, the name is “general”. I used that as the hide attribute and it still displays. I tried to hide other categories and that did not work either. I have the correct name, for sure.
Sorry again – you have to use the IDs for hide, and the names for start. Seems like I haven’t slept enough, writing lots of nonsense… hope this puts things right now! :)

#22 2005-12-03 18:44:09

jstubbs
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] wow_menu-Full menu control (order, hide/show items, subtree)

OK! Yes, with the id for the hide attribute, indeed the category does not display. Good, good. Now for some playing around with this plugin. Thanks nighthawk!

#23 2005-12-08 10:28:43

alice_c
Plugin Author

Thanks for this Plugin! I started to write something quite the same, but never had time to finish it ;)

I realised a few bugs/improvements and coded clean urls, but I’ll write you this via PM.

#24 2005-12-08 12:54:06

nighthawk
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hey Alice,
that’s good news, looking forward to hearing from you. Let me know what you found – I’m happy about any improvement on the script. Feel free to tinker at will with the horrible code I wrote. :)

#25 2005-12-16 03:09:06

kdix

I love this plugin! I am encountering a problem, though. When I have several nested lists, it leaves off some of the closing tags <code></li></code> and will not validate.

Please see this page

<code>
<li><a href=“index.php?c=Schools”>Schools</a>
<ul> <li><a href=“index.php?c=Public-Schools”>Public Schools</a></li> <li><a href=“index.php?c=Private-Schools”>Private Schools</a></li> <li><a href=“index.php?c=Community-College”>Community College</a></li> <li><a href=“index.php?c=University-Center”>University Center</a></li>
</ul>
</code>

There should be a closing tag <code></li></code> after that- before starting the next part of the list. I don’t know how to correct this in the plugin.

It should be like this:
<code>
<li><a href=“index.php?c=Schools”>Schools</a>
<ul> <li><a href=“index.php?c=Public-Schools”>Public Schools</a></li> <li><a href=“index.php?c=Private-Schools”>Private Schools</a></li> <li><a href=“index.php?c=Community-College”>Community College</a></li> <li><a href=“index.php?c=University-Center”>University Center</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
</code>

Please let me know what I can do, other than typing it all by hand in an article.

Thanks.

#26 2005-12-16 13:46:06

oldi

This is a great plugin. Although i have a problem with this plugin. When i am in the front page and click on one of the categories, it will show all the articles for that category without a problem. I am using <code></txp:if_excerpt></code> to show only excerpts. After i read an article, then click again on one of the categories, it will show me all the articles for that category, but this time will show me the full text of each article ignoring the experts. This happens only when i am on the article page. I am not sure what is happening. But it never did this when using the normal category_list tag.

#27 2005-12-16 15:54:24

oldi

Few things that i noticed about the above problem.

From the front page the link of the category is to

index.php?c=News

from the article page the link of the same category is

article/index.php?c=News

This makes the difference between showing only the excerpts and showing the the full text.

#28 2005-12-17 12:30:17

nighthawk
Archived Plugin Author
Website

@oldi
Hmm, this is difficult, and to be honest, I don’t know how to solve this in a clean way. Of course I could always use “/index.php?c=…” to prevent this, but I’d love to get a clean solution for it. Any ideas?
It was also pointed out before that it’d be nice if the plugin were able to use tidy URLs, but I also don’t know how to tackle this. I don’t want to mimick the TXP behaviour for formulating the correct links if such a functionality already exists – if anybody could point me to a function in TXP which renders the tidy URLs, this’d be helpful.

@kdix
Thanks for pointing this out. There will be a new release this Sunday which should fix your problem, but I’ll take a closer look at this, anyway.

There’ll also be a nice enhancement in the plugin suggested by alice_c – you’ll be able to decide if the parent category should be displayed or not when working with subtrees (start=”…”).

#29 2005-12-17 19:03:49

kdix

Looking forward to the new release nighthawk, thank you for replying!

#30 2005-12-18 20:52:48

nighthawk
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Okay, the new release is out. Updating thread…
@kdix, please let me know if this fixes your problem. If not, I’ll take a closer look, as promised. :)

Board footer