Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2005-10-26 06:49:08

maniqui
Website

Enable/disable each tag (Textile)

The request is:

<strong>Customized set of Textile tags:</strong>
To have a form with checkboxes where you select wich Textile tags do you want to be enabled/disabled for using in your Write Tab.

For example, I would like to have enabled just <notextile><b>*strong*</b> and <i>_emphatized_</i></notextile> but dont want to use Textile, for example, to code an unordered list, or links, or paragraphs (especially this last one).
So, I can have Textile enabled, but only parses the tags I enable.

This way, I can merge HTML with Textile without worring for leaving an space at the beggining of each paragraph wrapped by <code><p></code> but still I can use some Textile magic, like <notextile><b>*strong*</b> and <i>_emphatized_</i></notextile>.

What do you think?

Last edited by maniqui (2005-10-26 14:31:57)

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#2 2005-10-28 12:28:06

Sencer
Archived Developer
Website

Re: Enable/disable each tag (Textile)

For the next major release it is intended to make it easy to provide alternative “markup”-classes, for example for markdown etc.. With that it should also be possible to fulfill such individual requests, by simply writing a class. (I am guessing several will be available for non-programmers as well). You would be able to switch between them per post.

Having lots of little options for each textile-formatting rule would be a pain with respect to UI and usability IMHO.

#3 2005-10-28 15:04:20

maniqui
Website

> Having lots of little options for each textile-formatting rule would be a pain with respect to UI and usability IMHO.

I have counted 27 textile-formatting rules. I thought they were less, much less.

I think the option to disable Textile per rule could be in advanced preferences, similar to custom fields.
You set it once, and you forget.
Maybe, some rules can be grouped by a top checkbox button that check them all.

This way, you can define your own set of Textile rules, but now I’m repeating myself.
That’s all, i think, by now.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#4 2005-10-28 22:39:15

zem
Developer Emeritus

I think the option to disable Textile per rule could be in advanced preferences, similar to custom fields.

Absolutely zero chance of this ever happening.

Alex

Board footer