Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2006-01-26 19:08:33

jameslomax
Website

Re: aba_import_images (formerly nhn_import_images)

Getting the same errors as other people. In my ftp client:

<550 SIZE: Operation not permitted>

In the txp interface:

There was a problem reading image info. Check the image file or the permissionsaba_import_images imported 1 images>

The only thing thats working is the image gets deleted from the folder!

Last edited by jameslomax (2006-01-26 19:09:40)

#62 2006-01-27 05:47:03

shafina
Website

wow, this is actually working on my install! thank you thank you thank you! this will save me a lot of time and headache because i’m redoing one of my photoblog.

jameslomax – i got the same at the bottom of my txp interface but the upload works anyway…

ETA – using Txp 4.0.3 and aba_image_import version 0.4.3

Last edited by shafina (2006-01-27 05:49:20)

#63 2006-01-27 13:29:46

jameslomax
Website

Update: after upgrading from 4.0.2 to 4.0.03 this seems to work. Like shafina I get error messages, but it does it anyway.
Also, it had worked with 4.0.2 but it wasn’t showing on the images page.

#64 2006-03-09 23:59:06

rloaderro
Archived Plugin Author
Website

mrdale wrote:

There are times when I’d like to add a custom image element to a whole series of images.

If i had thought about this (or knew PHP) i probably would have tried this for a recent client. But instead i ended up doing something similar in Javascript (a kind of post-production effect rather than affecting the images themselves). Anyway, I know it’s not the same thing, but check it out here if you are curious.

Last edited by rloaderro (2006-03-09 23:59:29)

Travel Atlas * Org | Start Somewhere

#65 2006-04-17 18:44:33

Ace of Dubs

This plugin does not work for me at all. Each time I try to import, I get this:

[error]There was a problem reading image info. Check the image file or the permissionsCould not delete random.jpg – please delete it yourself to prevent reimporting.
aba_import_images imported 1 images[/error]

Already CHMOD 777’ed the import folder and using the latest version on your site

Last edited by Ace of Dubs (2006-04-17 18:46:12)

#66 2006-04-20 16:33:20

alexandra

aba_image_import was carried on by Flashpix and is now called fpx_image_import

#67 2006-04-20 16:49:59

aba
Plugin Author

alexandra wrote:

aba_image_import was carried on by Flashpix and is now called fpx_image_import

Interesting – didn’t know about this (maybe because his post is from today). I’m grateful, but I’m afraid I have to correct your given url:
http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?id=16040

A complete rewrite is still on my agenda, but judging from the last months it’ll take a while longer, so please check out Dirks work – his version seems to get rid of the errors some of you had with the plugin.

Last edited by aba (2006-04-20 16:52:09)

#68 2006-04-20 16:58:38

Flashpix
Plugin Author
Website

Sorry, i just posted the article and the other stuff (here, textpattern.org, my own blog), so i forgot to add a note to this thread.

And no, i’ve not carried it on, i’ve got no clue whatsoever about the image functions in it :-) I just added a nicer frontend and a preference page.

And thanx aba for correcting my forum link, i’ve also updated it in the relevant places.

#69 2006-07-19 10:30:36

Destry
Website

As a move away from redundancy or vaporplugins you guys —aba and Flashpix — should consider working together on this plugin to produce one <strong>%{color:maroon}ultimate%</strong> image import plugin. aba doing the rewrite (as he suggests), Flashpix integrating the nice frontend (as he has done), and tag-teaming on bugs (to get to perfection quicker). ;)

You could hash out the continuing name, of course, but one possibility that could reflect such a combined effort is duo_image_import, where duo indicated the two-author nature of it. The prefix could be adopted by any other pair of plugin authors that wanted to combine efforts on past/future work… duo_this_plugin, duo_that_plugin, etc.

Normally I would never have stumbled in here to suggest such things, but as I am putting together a plugin archive of modern plugins I’ve been learning a lot about the world of Txp plugin relationships and recognizing how archiving might be improved for relevant (supported) plugins.

Last edited by Destry (2006-07-19 10:35:09)

#70 2007-09-24 06:12:35

JonahC
Website

Hi everyone-

I’m changing my website from static to dynamic using textpattern and it’s a slow process as I don’t know textpattern nor php. I just bought the new book, textpattern solutions, and really going through the whole process.

One of the things that’s really important to me is iptc keywords and I’ve been looking for a plugin that imports it into the images tab, but there isn’t any. fpx_image_import is the closest that I could get so I’ve modified it a bit to import the iptc caption —-> textpattern’s alt field, and the iptc keywords —-> texpattern’s caption field. It’s working on my install on my local server. I’m posting this here in case somebody might find this useful and just in case my computer crashes. If you’re a php guru and find something wrong with this, give me a shout. I’m sure there are better ways to change the code but I wanted to change it as little as possible so the plugin still does whatever it’s supposed to do but at the end I just switch the values that it uses.

ORIGINAL code (3/4 of the way down):

if ( @is_array($iptc_info) && !empty($iptc_info["2#120"][0]) )
                    {
                        $caption = $iptc_info["2#120"][0];
                        $caption = utf8_encode($caption);
                        $caption = doSlash($caption);
                    }

change to

if ( @is_array($iptc_info) && !empty($iptc_info["2#025"][0]) )
                    {
                     $keywordcount = count($iptc_info["2#025"]);
                     for ($i=0; $i<$keywordcount; $i++)
                                $caption .= $iptc_info["2#025"][$i]." ";
                      $caption = utf8_encode($caption);
                      $caption = doSlash($caption);
                      $realalt = $iptc_info["2#120"][0];
                      $realalt = utf8_encode($realalt);
                      $realalt = doSlash($realalt);
                     }

You also have to change a couple of lines down

original code:

alt  = '$alt',

to

alt  = '$realalt',

That’s it! Thanks to Michael Wells who posted code on the internet on how to convert the iptc keyword array to a string.

If you don’t want to change how fpx_image_import works wrt to the using alt field for filename, just don’t add the 3 lines of code above relating to $realalt and don’t change the definition of the ‘alt’ variable.

Last edited by JonahC (2007-09-24 06:50:26)

Jonah Calinawan
www.foodportraits.com

Board footer