Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2013-12-21 01:46:42

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Re: New forum theme

Is this a known issue?

At least with my default browser (Safari 7, OSX 10.9), the login pane doesn’t auto focus the username input field. The annoying side effect of this is that I need to interact manually with the form much more than it was the case with the previous version of the forums.

More detailed: when accessing the forums, I type a couple of letters in the location bar, and Safari automagically fills in the url for the login page; press return to load the page, name/pw are filled in automatically. In the previous version of the forums, I could then just press ‘return’ to login. Now I have to interact with the form to set the focus (press the tab key multiple times, or grab the mouse…).

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#26 2013-12-21 01:54:14

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

phiw13 wrote #277484:

Is this a known issue?

At least with my default browser (Safari 7, OSX 10.9), the login pane doesn’t auto focus the username input field. The annoying side effect of this is that I need to interact manually with the form much more than it was the case with the previous version of the forums.

More detailed: when accessing the forums, I type a couple of letters in the location bar, and Safari automagically fills in the url for the login page; press return to load the page, name/pw are filled in automatically. In the previous version of the forums, I could then just press ‘return’ to login. Now I have to interact with the form to set the focus (press the tab key multiple times, or grab the mouse…).

Edit: Hmm, scrap that partially, it seems there was an issue between the keyboard and the chair. One ‘tab’ press is enough to set the focus.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#27 2013-12-21 23:13:47

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

There is now a changelog in the GitHub repo where you can track upcoming fixes/changes.

#28 2013-12-25 01:19:45

Maurice
Website

From a users perspective A+, although I love yellow, it’s not my favourite for website backgrounds, though it did have a vintage feel in the recent years. The clean black and white with the mid tones is an excellent choice in this upgrade. I already find myself spending a longer amount of time on the forum and look forward to the mobile experience.

Especially I like all the script loading asynchronously at the foot of the page, as I’ve been wondering how to implement that. Thanks again for sharing that so clearly on the Github repositories.

<txp:carver category="stone" type="hard"> These bits are harder than Basalt </txp:carver>

#29 2013-12-25 08:04:21

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Require.js does all the JavaScript loading, it’s great. The next update, coming soon, also includes some performance and speed gains. I’m seeing a 96/100 Google Speed Test on my test install.

#30 2013-12-28 16:24:11

els

Request: can the ‘Silent edit’ checkbox please be unchecked by default (like it was on the old forum)? I keep forgetting to uncheck it (and assume others will, too), though I think it’s very useful to be able to see if and when a post has been edited.

#31 2013-12-28 16:34:32

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Els wrote #277607:

Request: can the ‘Silent edit’ checkbox please be unchecked by default (like it was on the old forum)? I keep forgetting to uncheck it (and assume others will, too), though I think it’s very useful to be able to see if and when a post has been edited.

That is part of FluxBB itself, so not really. Only way of doing it is through JavaScript, which due to execution delay would cause other issues (it would change itself after variable number of seconds). I believe, if I remember correctly, the option only affects moderators and admins. No one else has it.

#32 2013-12-28 16:37:47

beammeupscotty

Kirk confirms; there is no silent edit option for users. I haz timestamps.

#33 2013-12-28 16:40:36

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Thank you, me — ermhgh — Kirk.

#34 2013-12-28 18:05:23

els

Gocom wrote #277611:

That is part of FluxBB itself, so not really. Only way of doing it is through JavaScript, which due to execution delay would cause other issues (it would change itself after variable number of seconds). I believe, if I remember correctly, the option only affects moderators and admins. No one else has it.

Ah OK, thanks for explaining. I’ll just try harder to remember then :)

#35 2014-01-06 13:15:50

sacripant
Plugin Author
Website

I just realized that the forums in different languages have been deleted and messages archived.
What motivated this choice?
Is it then possible for a non-English member to write in their native language on this forum?

#36 2014-01-06 16:50:05

uli

Thomas, I already asked a similar question here. Phil’s answer is two posts below. But as the decision re French/German/Italian forums has changed since, I consider my link answer only an interim until somebody really official replies.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

Board footer