Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#85 2012-08-09 05:13:21

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Re: Feedback to: Textpattern 4.5.0 Beta released

thebombsite wrote:

It seems that every page has a page title except for the “Write” page. Any reason for this?

Titles serve as an easily recognizable element to distinguish these all-to-similar looking list pages from each other. The Write page really stands out so there’s not much sense in adding a title just for the sake of uniformity and waste valuable screen estate.

#86 2012-08-09 06:56:08

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Testing with Hive and Sandspace4 on iOS: the close button on the alerts (message panes) doesn’t seem to work. Clicking the ‘x’ button does nothing.

(I’ve only tested with the simulator so far – both iPad and iPod are out of the house atm).

aside: the jQuery docs on ‘live’ (used for the above) notes it is deprecated in 1.7.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#87 2012-08-09 07:02:47

tye
Website

Are there reasons you have to click the x to close the alerts/announcements? Is it possible to just click anywhere on the screen to close them?

I was also thinking/wondering if it would be useful (or overkill) to include a few more preferences during the install, like Site Name, Permanent link mode etc?

I suppose it would open a can of worms as to which perference is more important, this would differ from person to person and its not so hard to change them…. just throwing it out there :)

#88 2012-08-09 07:12:14

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

phiw13 wrote:

Testing with Hive and Sandspace4 on iOS: the close button on the alerts (message panes) doesn’t seem to work. Clicking the ‘x’ button does nothing.

Yes. On mobile Safari click doesn’t bubble from non-clickable elements. Same will apply to iPad. Basically the span (span.close) needs to be changed to a link (a.close element).

aside: the jQuery docs on ‘live’ (used for the above) notes it is deprecated in 1.7.

Good catch. Indeed Robert updated the jQuery version while a back which allows changing some stuff. Will write a patch that replaces live() method with on(). Unlike the docs say, it will not actually change anything performance-wise.

Last edited by Gocom (2012-08-09 07:12:52)

#89 2012-08-09 07:51:44

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Hmm, Phil did seem to have changed the spans to links in some of the commits after the patch I sent. For classic the change was bundled in the the notification look commits and for Hive… somewhere. That said, the close link should have a target (href="#" attribute), which makes the link, well, clickable. Which in return should ensure that it bubbles.

#90 2012-08-09 08:20:26

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

phiw13 wrote:

Thanks. Please try r4056.

#91 2012-08-09 08:21:35

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

tye wrote:

Are there reasons you have to click the x to close the alerts/announcements? Is it possible to just click anywhere on the screen to close them?

Some might want to copy the message text by selecting with the mouse, for instance.

#92 2012-08-09 08:43:45

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Damn that was fast. The multi-edit script probably should use .on() too. But, hmm, it may need some refactoring if it’s changed. I believe the use of triggering will lead to recursion if one just replaces the live with .on().

#93 2012-08-09 08:44:56

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

wet wrote:

Thanks. Please try r4056.

Yep, works fine now.

Gocom wrote:

Thanks for analyzing.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#94 2012-08-09 15:50:32

maniqui
Website

wet wrote:

A plugin issue. We expect a few inevitable incompatibilities with plugins for the write tab due to the new plugin types and AJAX adaptations.

With msd_minibar, the “Sorry the form could not be submitted. Please try again later.” alert message appears each time I try to save the article. It seems that the article gets saved anyway (although I’m not ye 100% sure it gets saved every time I click it).

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#95 2012-08-09 17:22:50

maniqui
Website

I can confirm that the plugin works fine when installed in the DB, but triggers the above alert message when running from plugin cache dir.

According to plugin author, “there aren’t any lifecycle events that take place on install for this plugin or anything complicated going on.”

I will try to find anything else related to this issue.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#96 2012-08-10 02:27:25

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

maniqui wrote:

With msd_minibar, the “Sorry the form could not be submitted. Please try again later.” alert message appears each time I try to save the article. It seems that the article gets saved anyway (although I’m not ye 100% sure it gets saved every time I click it).

The article would be saved on each time, it’s just the script response that is invalid, so don’t worry about that. These issues are due to the plugin cache directory you are using. Any PHP file that is placed to the plugin cache directory is loaded globally, on each interface-side, on each type of response. This will evidently cause issues as the plugins will be loaded on places where they shouldn’t be.

I will try to find anything else related to this issue.

Here-here.

Last edited by Gocom (2012-08-10 02:27:51)

Board footer