You are not logged in.
Do you have some admin side plugin that does something to the write page that could be causing this? I once saw something similar where a plugin was doing a search and replace and sometimes affected textarea data.
In a way, each of us has an El Guapo to face. -Lucky Day (Three Amigos)
I have the WYSIWYG and that’s pretty much it. Has hak_tinymce ever had an issue like that?
Rose, I’m sorry, I have no idea… Firebug shows the
div id= in another location:
</div> </div> </div> </div> </div> div id= </body> </html>
…but I honestly don’t know what that means. I also can’t remember others posting about a similar problem before.
One more thing to try: if you copy and paste the page code (without the
div id=) to a new page, set the default section to use that page, and delete the old page, does the problem still occur?
If that doesn’t help, I’ll have to give up for today. I hope someone else can shed a light on this…
Oh, one more: you could also try and delete it directly in the database, using phpMyAdmin. It’s in the txp_page table.
And you can try if disabling hak_tinymce helps.
The copy and paste into a new page seems to have worked. But the thing is I’ve created new pages before and it somehow appears the more I use the page. But we’ll see. If I end up with the issue again, I’ll try the other things you suggested. If that doesn’t work, I’ll let you know on this thread and see if you have anything else to suggest at that point. If not, then…. welp I’m pretty much screwed.
Thank you so much for your help! I appreciate the quick responses and the good insight. As a web developer, this is why I design with Textpattern. Thank you again.
No problem. I will keep an eye on this thread, I’m really puzzled…
I’ve been given two websites to work with that both exhibit this unexpected behavior. I can reproduce the behavior, let’s see if I can explain it well…
Using both Opera and Firefox (as I initially attributed behavior to Opera), I can go into any already populated and established text input area (saved page, form, etc;), copy/paste content and save changes. After refresh, random code appears immediately after final tag. It doesn’t seem to matter whether final tag is closing html tag or textpattern tag. Random code appears after either.
It’s also important to note that this behavior happens frequently in the write tab. I have hotkeys mapped to complete certain tasks on my machine, and when inserting code snippets I’d say 2/3 of every time I do paste, random code appears at end of article.So, that’s one consistent thing, is that random code is both pulled from existing saved code in text area being modified, and the random code always appears after final closing tag in text area. Diag is green; all checks pass. Behavior is present in 4.5
This happens for me too. Unfortunately it happens in style and page mostly, both adding stuff at the end and mangling some styles. I have to always refresh the style before I do any alterations or else risk the style having reverted to a mangled one. I think, but not sure at all, it has something to do with
] in the style, but I may be wrong. Thought it might be my server but it happens on different servers and my localhost. I’ve been using utf-8 general ci, if that’s anything to do with it. I just created a new db with utf-8 unicode to see if it makes a difference, but it’s too early to tell yet.
TXPQ Examples and discussion of Textpattern CMS quality.
I’ve seen the behavior in various environments with different configurations and with different browsers. I mostly didn’t report it back when I noticed it with 4.4.1 because I (for some reason) mistakenly thought it had to do with how my browser was utilizing the clipboard, as it only happens when I copy/paste text.
I take extra care not to edit styles within the textpattern built-in text input areas. I learned that lesson the hard way.