Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#613 2008-02-06 15:27:01

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

Jano

Found your problem and fixed it in the development version. It will be in the next release as long as testing doesn’t show any problems.

Steve

#614 2008-02-06 23:40:38

jano

net-carver wrote:

Found your problem and fixed it in the development version. It will be in the next release as long as testing doesn’t show any problems.

Nice. Thanks!

#615 2008-02-07 08:00:28

FireFusion

I get the following error on a homepage all of a sudden. It was fine a few days ago.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/username/public_html/index.php:2) in /home/username/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(534) : eval()'d code on line 275

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/username/public_html/index.php:2) in /home/username/public_html/username/lib/txplib_misc.php(534) : eval()'d code on line 276

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/username/public_html/index.php:2) in /home/username/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(534) : eval()'d code on line 277

mysite.org – displays error
mysite.org/en – works
mysite.org/de – works

Last edited by FireFusion (2008-02-07 08:47:25)

#616 2008-02-08 07:44:49

azw

FireFusion, have you edited any of the files included with Textpattern? Or have you added PHP to the default page template?

I think that message usually means that you have extra spaces or empty lines or just text characters before your PHP tag on that page.

Last edited by azw (2008-02-08 07:45:50)

#617 2008-02-08 19:57:11

brunodario

Hi there Steve, first of all, thx for this great Pack!

I´m having some dificulties when publishing articles as described here (This thread details more things, including the custom fields hack i´ve performed wich i belive is the cause of the error but don´t know how to workaround)

When i publish an article the following warning shows up:

Warning: Column count doesn’t match value count at row 1 REPLACE INTO _1l10n_txp_en_us SELECT * FROM _1textpattern WHERE _1textpattern.ID=‘8’ LIMIT 1 in /home/santaluzlingerie/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 117

I´m a HTML coder/ Webdesigner wich means that anything related to DB issues is not familiar to me. I´ve started to take more atention to this after using Textpattern. If this is related to MLP, please give me some clues

Last edited by brunodario (2008-02-08 20:19:12)

#618 2008-02-08 21:20:49

FireFusion

It’s ok my problem was fixed. Just had to reupload some of the files.

#619 2008-02-09 06:27:06

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

FireFusion

Thank you for the update.

brunodario

Yes, somethings definitely messed up with that SQL, no wonder it won’t work. Looks like something (perhaps the custom fields hack) is prepending a “_1” to the table names.

Please get in contact if you are still having problems.

Steve

#620 2008-02-09 15:31:10

AndrijaM
Website

Hi,
after instaling MLP have the following errors:

Change the txp_lang table…

1. Extend `txp_lang.data` from TINYTEXT to TEXT : Done
2. Add the `txp_lang.l10n_owner` field : Failed

Add the per-language article tables…

1. Add the Srpski [l10n_txp_sr_rs] table : Failed
2. Add the English (GB) [l10n_txp_en_gb] table : Failed
3. Add the Русский [l10n_txp_ru_ru] table : Failed

It is a fresh new txp instalation, no other plugins, no articles, just the default settings. What could be the problem?

Also, I am wandering, if I have a 3 language web site, is it possible to customise everything on every version, not just articles, but for instance, if I want to put a different logo on every version, how would I do that?
Is there maybe some list of web sites using MLP, I only saw the demonstration site.

Thanks!

Last edited by AndrijaM (2008-02-09 15:32:04)

#621 2008-02-10 09:41:40

azw

If I select Spanish as the “Currently Active Language” in Admin > Preferences > Language, the page labels become Spanish when I save the selection. But as soon as I go to another tab in the back end, the labels are displayed in English again. The odd thing is that the Currently Active Language is still set as Spanish.

Is this a problem I can fix?

#622 2008-02-11 13:18:04

brunodario

Steve, thanx for the support.

I didn´t “solved” my problem but i prefered to restore the DB and work with another kind of custom field solution instead of trying to make the hack work.

An update: The txp tag <txp:newer/> and <txp:older/> aren´t working. They return blank links.
I´ve already restored my DB and i don´t belive this is the hack faults anymore. Any clues?

Last edited by brunodario (2008-02-11 20:21:33)

#623 2008-02-11 17:56:40

azw

AndrijaM wrote:

… after instaling MLP have the following errors:
Change the txp_lang table…
2. Add the `txp_lang.l10n_owner` field : Failed
Add the per-language article tables…
1. Add the Srpski [l10n_txp_sr_rs] table : Failed
2. Add the English (GB) [l10n_txp_en_gb] table : Failed
3. Add the Русский [l10n_txp_ru_ru] table : Failed

Hello, AndrijaM,

Those errors probably mean that you don’t have proper permissions set for your database. I think the “user” you list in your config file has to have all permissions. I don’t remember the names of all of the permissions, but they include things like: create, add, delete. If you have access to a database manager in your site’s control panel you probably can change the permissions there.

#624 2008-02-11 20:40:01

azw

AndrijaM, I’m once again able to look at my own Cpanel control panel now, so I’ll give you a few more tips. I think this will work for you, but let us know if it doesn’t.

If you can access your control panel, look for an option that says something like “MySQL Databases”. Go there. Probably at the bottom of that page, you’ll see a listing of the “Current Users”. On mine the only option is to delete a user.

If that’s what you find, too, perhaps the easiest solution would be to open your configuration file: config.php. Find the user name and password, which will look like this:

$txpcfg[‘user’] = ‘someName’;
$txpcfg[‘pass’] = ‘somePassword’;

(Obviously, the part within the quotes is what matters. Don’t copy the quotes or the rest of the code.)

Then go back to your control panel, delete the current user with that same name you found in config.php.
Next in the control panel’s database page, add a new user using the same user name and password as what is in your config.php file. When you do this, be sure to check “All” when you see an option to set the new user’s permissions (or maybe they’re called priviledges).

Of course, it’s possible that you don’t have the rights necessary to do this. If this doesn’t work, you may have to talk to your web host.’

Board footer