Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-10-27 15:04:24

mwexler

Textile Help link in Comments form wrong...

Well, not exactly wrong, but points to a defective page. I think this is the link generated by the comments_help tag.

The link in my 4.0.4 upgrade (from a pretty vanilla 118 then 4.0.3 install) points to http://rpc.textpattern.com/help/?item=textile_comments which doesn’t actually give the textile commands to generate the effects demonstrated.

Is this link wrong (left over from an old version?) Or does this page on textpattern.com need to be updated?

Thanks, Michael

(PS: the Textile “quick help” link here below this forum submit form also is broken, but that’s a different issue).

#2 2006-10-27 15:20:03

reid
Website

Re: Textile Help link in Comments form wrong...

When I click the link in your article, I’m taken to a page where I see see a list of “Textile Shortcuts” and examples … as expected.

When I click the “quick help” link below this forum submit form, it expands to show me Textile shortcuts and examples … as expected.

Are you expecting something else, or does your browser not show you that? If you’re not seeing it, what browser are you using, and do you have javascript turned off?

TextPattern user since 04/04/04

#3 2006-10-27 16:04:04

mwexler

Hmm… I’ve tried 3 machines with different versions of FF (1.5, 1.5.0.7, 2) and IE (5 and 6), and I get the same issues every time. Every one has JS turned on, and all machines are WinXP SP2. All are on pretty vanilla boxes.

Looking at the source for the RPC page, I see the following:
<em><em>emphasis</em></em><br />
<strong><strong>strong</strong></strong><br />
<cite><cite>citation</cite></cite><br />
<del><del>deleted text</del></del><br />
<ins><ins>inserted text</ins></ins><br />
<sup><sup>superscript</sup></sup></p>

That is, the tags which are supposed to be examples of the textile commands are actually being translated into their html versions, resulting in double/nested tags. Its as if someone forgot the nocode tags… I would expect to see *s, =s, whatever… but instead, just HTML tags.

Its strange that it would work exactly as planned for you. Could someone else try this just to get one more vote? (Remember, the man with 2 clocks never knows what time it is.)

Michael

#4 2006-10-27 16:47:51

hakjoon
Website

mwexler,

I’m seeing the same thing. It’s seems that textile was suddenly turned on translating the textile examples to html.

Last edited by hakjoon (2006-10-27 16:48:40)

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#5 2006-10-27 17:30:16

reid
Website

Well now that is odd. When I checked it earlier in FF 2.0, everything seemed “normal.” I came back and read the followup, opened IE, and see what you’re talking about.

I reloaded the page in FF 2.0, and now I see it there, too. Which makes me wonder if it was something cached? CSS change/oddity? I don’t know, tres bizarre…

TextPattern user since 04/04/04

#6 2006-11-14 19:44:02

tore

This is how my Textile Help “works”

At comment writing, the help link to http://www.textpattern.com/help/?item=textile_comments, which is below the comment text input field, does generate a “non-help” popup window at http://rpc.textpattern.com/help/?item=textile_comments that is fully Textile-interpreted and thus shows the results of Textile and not the code, in English.

This is probably exactly like described in the first post of this thread.

The behaviour is exactly the same in all web browsers I have tried: IE, FF, Opera and Netscape. It is still present if I totally disable cache in FF (using the dev plugin, disables also CSS cache).

There is no problem to use the Textile Help at article writing. The help is dispalyed as expected, in Swedish (the laguage I use in Textpattern).

You may test at, for example, http://www.tores.se/toretank/folkfetman

Could there be some interaction with choice of language?

Best regards

#7 2006-11-15 00:06:00

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

This was corrected in svn. Just make a link pointing to:
http://textile.thresholdstate.com/help-lite/?lang=en-gb

#8 2006-11-16 00:57:28

tore

Thanks. Did I have an opportunity to know that already? (I’m no svn:er, should I be?)

#9 2006-11-16 01:40:55

jm
Plugin Author
Website

tore wrote:

Thanks. Did I have an opportunity to know that already? (I’m no svn:er, should I be?)

Nope, it was changed on October 28. Keeping up with the dev releases is an option – I do just because there have been bug fixes and improvements to TXP. If you’re using windows, see this for getting started. You can also use Tortoise SVN.

Last edited by jm (2006-11-16 01:46:48)

#10 2007-02-27 11:31:59

Jeremie
Website

Mary wrote:

This was corrected in svn. Just make a link pointing to:
http://textile.thresholdstate.com/help-lite/?lang=en-gb

Is it still feeded and updated by the old rpc server?

#11 2007-02-27 19:16:46

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Yep.

Board footer