Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2006-04-18 09:15:38

alexandra

Re: Image gallery (plugins) 2006

I set up a table …see below…. to have a good overview. For the table i like adding sample galleries.
Please append the url of your gallery if possible and tec notes. thx

<table style=“margin-top:-100px;”><tr style=“background-color:#f90;”><td>Galleryplugin</td><td>Tec note</td><td>Sample gallery</td></tr>

<tr style=“background-color:#F3E9DA;”><td>” prad_image_index </td><td>prad_image_index is a hacked version of the Textpattern function image_index() merged with rss_thumbpop of Rob Sable to have popup windows of images category</td><td><ul><li>
sample gallery </li></ul>
</td></tr>

<tr style=“background-color: #F3F2D8;”><td> bos_image_display </td><td>Out of the box you can use it as a way to have image gallery by categories (Albums), displayed where you want, without to deal with articles and/or article images. Just organize your images in categories (even nested), local navigation: next and forward, and numbered navigation is possible</td><td>

<tr style=“background-color:#F3E9DA;”><td>beb_jmrgalleryhack </td><td>Essentially, it’s the basics of jmr_gallery, a simple article/category associated slideshow, uses Javascript</td><td><ul><li>
sample gallery </li></ul>
</td></tr>

<tr style=“background-color: #F3F2D8;”><td> rss_thumbpop </td><td>Generates a thumbnail gallery using a table or floated divs
Allows all categories, multiple categories or use of the global category
Thumbnails are hyperlinked
and shown in a popup of the full size image only
and shown in a popup page with the full size image and caption
and the full size image is shown on the same page after a reload
and the full size image is shown on the same page using javascript with no reload</td><td><ul><li>
mattiasskoog.se </li>
<li > wilshireone.com/photos </li>
</ul></td></tr>

<tr style=“background-color:#F3E9DA;”><td>bas_lightbox </td><td>This plugin brings the Lightbox JS by Lokesh Dhakar to textpattern. Lightbox JS is a simple, unobtrusive script used to to overlay images on the current page.</td><td><ul>
<li>sibren.org </li>
<li> Jusos Wuppertal (Gallery is modified)</li></ul>
</td></tr>

<tr style=“background-color: #F3F2D8”><td> wet_article_thumb </td><td>wet_article_thumb displays the thumbnail which belongs to an article’s image with an optional link to the article.</td><td><ul><li> Portfolio of gatostyle.com </li>
<li> csandberg.se </li></ul></td></tr>

<tr style=“background-color:#F3E9DA;”><td>wet_thumbfilter </td><td>wet_thumbfilter displays the thumbnails for articles’ images meeting various filter criteria with an optional link to the articles.</td><td> no sample gallery yet </td></tr>

<tr style=“background-color: #F3F2D8;”><td> vdh_flickr </td><td>shows flickr images in textpattern</td><td><ul><li> Demo site by the author </li></ul></td></tr>

<tr style=“background-color:#F3E9DA;”><td>Albumpattern </td><td> allows creation of albums and uploading of images into the albums, automated thumbnail creation, image comments and more, development stopped</td><td>
<ul><li> sample gallery </li>
<li> djstuartking.com </li></ul>
</td></tr>

<tr style=“background-color: #F3F2D8;”><td> hak_article_image </td><td> supports multiple images per article, also supports 2 extra attributes:
poplink: when used with hak_article_thumb it will create a link to a popup window with the full size image
offset: allows you to start displaying x number of images in the article_image list. Useful if using multiple tags on one page. </td><td><ul><li> web9design.com </li></ul></td></tr>
</table>

Last edited by alexandra (2006-04-29 08:14:11)

#14 2006-04-18 11:24:10

Algaris

I just discovered Albumpattern last night. From my quick test of it, it seems to be an excellent plugin. It allows creation of albums and uploading of images into the albums, automated thumbnail creation, image comments and more.

The only drawback is that there’s a question mark over its continued support. I seriously hope that the plugin carries on being developed, as it’s one of the best I’ve seen so far.

Forum link:
http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?id=2865

Information:
http://outoverthevoid.com/projects/16/albumpattern

#15 2006-04-18 11:30:39

alexandra

External galleryscripts:

Infos on zenphoto in german

Last edited by alexandra (2006-04-19 08:19:26)

#16 2006-04-18 22:33:09

soulship
Website

Don’t forget photostack . I use that on a few peoples web sites. Very easy to get it looking like your txp template, and automatically makes thumbs and batch sizes the large images. You can also upload zipped galleries that get unpacked and created after uploaded to server.

Last edited by soulship (2006-04-18 22:33:33)

#17 2006-04-19 20:02:53

Algaris

Would something like this count?

http://www.textpattern.net/wiki/index.php?title=Img_Wizard

#18 2006-04-19 20:18:49

Bastian
Plugin Author
Website

Would something like this count?
http://www.textpattern.net/wiki/index.php?title=Img_Wizard

The Img Wizard is not working, yet.
I’m working an that, but it will take a couple of weeks before it can be counted here :)

#19 2006-04-19 20:24:34

Algaris

Ah no worries. I meant it more in a something to think about / keep an eye on context. Probably should have been clearer in my post. =)

#20 2006-04-20 19:32:19

rossharvey
Website

You forgot hak_article_image…

The best one for a portfolio item that has multiple images (in effect, mini-galleries per article). Perfect in fact :¬)

http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?id=10730

#21 2006-04-20 22:20:12

warmbeat
Website

Hi Alexandra,

I’ve got an example website that uses Albumpattern. I did it a while back when i first started using Textpattern.

Got a few more on the boil but not finished yet.

#22 2006-04-21 07:15:58

skoggy
Website

warmbeat: Link no good.

#23 2006-04-21 09:43:30

warmbeat
Website

Opps – Looks like the domain name expired :( Will be back up today. Please try then.

Ok website back up and running again. Check out www.djstuartking.com

It uses the Albumpattern plugin

Last edited by warmbeat (2006-04-21 14:58:19)

#24 2006-04-22 13:50:10

fpradignac
Plugin Author
Website

I’ve just built a site for a french photographer Arnaud Galy and the Portfolio used a plugin that I’ve built : prad_image_index it’s a hacked version of the Textpattern function image_index() merged with rss_thumbpop of Rob Sable to have popup windows of images category.

There’s one article by image category, and in this article, only the call to the image category. I’ve added a few things to rss_thumbpop like the display of the alt and caption values, plus a javascript:self.close to the popup, and the ability to change the style of the html popup : padwidth, padheight, bgcolor and color.

A little problem : the help is in french for the moment and it must be tested and improved, even if it works fine for me ;-)

françois

Board footer