#1 2008-09-06 22:07:49

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

rah_comment_form

Comment submiting with out comment preview

Features:

• Removes comment preview.
  • Protection: only registered users can comment.
  • Comes with simple tag that outputs the commenting form – can also be used as a container tag.

Documentation, requirements and downloads

Last edited by Gocom (2009-01-22 18:53:50)

#2 2009-01-18 14:54:02

Calm

Re: rah_comment_form

Hi Jukka SvaHn!
Nice plugin, great!

But I have some problem.
I have your RAH_COMMENTS and RAH_COMMENT_SPAM. They are well too.
But when I try they together – they work not correctly. Some little lack.

1. Cannot create antispam hidden input from RAH_COMMENT_SPAM. I think you need use callback_event(‘comment.form’) in rah_comment_form.
2. COmment form in plugin is hard-coded. And no support “form” attribute. It’s not good idea.
3. Problem with rah_comments & rah_comment_form. When I add new comment I return in first comment page only. Even it was 100th comment in 10th comment page.

Best regards

#3 2009-01-18 17:14:18

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Calm, thanx. My answers:

1. You don’t need rah_comment_spam when using registeration. Because there isn’t preview. And because there isn’t preview comments isn’t even checked in any manner: there isn’t comment evulation.
  2. The tag is a container. Premade form is only used when used as a self-closing tag. So it definetly is not hard-coded. See examples section.
  3. Not a problem. It just works that way as it returns to permlink context.

Last edited by Gocom (2009-01-18 17:21:03)

#4 2009-01-18 20:00:49

Calm

1. Ok. But I think additional protection can’t be unnecessary.
2. Sorry, I must be more careful.
3. I don’t understand. Please explain me detailed.

Best regards

#5 2009-01-19 04:56:10

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Calm wrote:

I don’t understand. Please explain me detailed.

It’s a feature, not a problem. Those plugins are independent.

#6 2009-01-19 05:11:43

Calm

Thx, Jukka.

I’ll try to remove this “independence”.
I think very usefull use both plugin at once.

Best regards

#7 2009-04-09 07:17:56

Melusine

Hi,

I am experiencing 2 problems using the “ign_password_protect” in combination with the “rah_comment_form” plugins in the way it is suggested here: #
1. although logged in alreaedy as administrator I get the login prompt when I try to submit a comment
(This is not nice, but – let’s say – I could live with it, if the next error would not occur)

2. after logging in for a second time, I can see the comment form. So I write my comment. Now, when I press the button “submit” I get kicked out of the session and also the comment is not saved.

This is really weird and I cannot find the reason for this strange behaviour.
Anyone else, who has experience the same problem or knows a workaround?

I would very much appreciate some help here, since I need to submit the page early next week (latest by Tuesday).

Thanks a lot
Melusine

below I’ve pasted the txp code of “comments_display” form:

<h2 id=”<txp:text item=“comment” />”><txp:comments_invite textonly=“1” showalways=“1” showcount=“0” /></h2>
<txp:comments break=“div” breakclass=“comment” form=“comments” sort=“posted desc” />
<txp:if_comments_preview>
<txp:comments_preview />
</div>
</txp:if_comments_preview>
<txp:if_comments_allowed>
<txp:rah_comment_form><txp:rah_comment_message /></txp:rah_comment_form>
<txp:else />
</txp:if_comments_allowed>
<txp:if_comments_allowed>
<txp:ign_if_not_logged_in>
Sie müssen sich einloggen, um diesen Beitrag zu kommentieren.
<txp:ign_show_login />
</txp:ign_if_not_logged_in>
</txp:if_comments_allowed>

#8 2009-04-09 07:44:01

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Melusine wrote:

after logging in for a second time, I can see the comment form. So I write my comment. Now, when I press the button “submit” I get kicked out of the session and also the comment is not saved.

Rah_comment_form plugin does not handle any kind of logging in and it has absolutely nothing to do with it. Ign_password_protect handles them. This plugin, rah_comment_form, doesn’t do anything to the sessions neither modfies them nor ends them – it just lives in the flow.

Melusine wrote:

This is really weird and I cannot find the reason for this strange behaviour.

First you should make sure that the plugin, ign_password_protect, creates the cookie. It might be that it doesn’t, and if it doesn’t, for example make sure that you are using a valid domain form (.domain.tdt) for the site as many browsers do validate it. If you aren’t, remove domain definitions from cookiesets and so on, or setup your localhost so that the domain is in valid form (for example localhost.dev).

Also, you should make sure that you are using newest version of ign_password_protect that issues some of these bugs and so on and read the ign_password_protect topic for more advices and examples. There have been quite many issues with logging in the past with the plugin.

Melusine wrote:

1. although logged in alreaedy as administrator I get the login prompt when I try to submit a comment

You can for example of course create a plugin that creates both, regular txp session and ign_password_protect session for you. But because ign_password_protect is independend frontend plugin, it doesn’t have nothing to do with the default login.

Last edited by Gocom (2009-04-09 07:47:32)

#9 2009-04-09 14:37:42

maverick
Website

Melusine

Could this be the problem?

#10 2009-04-10 07:27:43

Melusine

@Gocom:

Thx a lot – this really helped solving the problem. Now it works !!
It WAS the missing domain name.

Regarding writing a plugin that combines both, as you suggested:
I am afraid I am not really at this stage yet, still a rookie…. <g>

Prefer using yours, since those are really great – I already used some of them :-)
And since I saw on your presonal website that you also offer the possibility to donate some bucks, I will return there during the next days to do this ;o)

#11 2009-07-05 10:44:32

feytus

Is there a way to make a hack of this plugin so that people don’t have to register as users to comment? Spam could easily be taken care of through comment moderation surely.

#12 2009-07-05 19:16:00

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

feytus wrote:

Is there a way to make a hack of this plugin so that people don’t have to register as users to comment? Spam could easily be taken care of through comment moderation surely.

Easily? I’m not sure if you can handle thousands of spam messages in a day. If my middle-sized sites get that much spam post tries, what could happen with out the protection. Also, those spamers could freely fill you maximum db quota, doesn’t even require real attack.

No, I will not to do that kind of hack. But if you want to users write as an anon status, you could define before comment form:

<txp:php>
	global $ign_user;
	if(!$ign_user) $ign_user = 'Anon';
</txp:php>

Where un-registered could post as an Anon and registered with their own name. Still is as unsecure and would not recommend.

Board footer