Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#673 2009-02-16 20:03:54

visualpeople
Website

Re: ign_password_protect

igner wrote:

Add an order by clause to the query …

This is brilliant! Works perfectly. Thanks so much!

#674 2009-03-10 00:15:05

typeshige
Website

Just installed this plugin and it doesn’t seem like it created the ign_users table. Under what circumstances is this table created?

I’m getting messages like:

Warning: Table ‘astrobiology.ign_users’ doesn’t exist select email from ign_users where `name` = ‘’ limit 1 textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(570) : eval()’d code:776 fetch() in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 82

I tried deleting and re-installing the plugin to no effect. I’m still on 4.0.7 but I don’t think that would impact anything.

Thanks,
Shige

#675 2009-03-10 07:01:10

jstubbs
Website

Igner, I still kind of desperately need a search feature – I have something like 20+ pages of members, and finding one is really difficult. Any chance of this feature coming soon?

#676 2009-03-10 19:47:25

typeshige
Website

N/m… reading between the error messages to create an external users table fixed the errors, but it still strikes me as a bug to catch missing tables gracefully.

typeshige wrote:

Just installed this plugin and it doesn’t seem like it created the ign_users table. Under what circumstances is this table created?

I’m getting messages like:

Warning: Table ‘astrobiology.ign_users’ doesn’t exist select email from ign_users where `name` = ‘’ limit 1 textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(570) : eval()’d code:776 fetch() in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 82

I tried deleting and re-installing the plugin to no effect. I’m still on 4.0.7 but I don’t think that would impact anything.

Thanks,
Shige

#677 2009-03-10 19:53:03

typeshige
Website

When you have it authenticate agains txp_users, it seems to be copying a snapshot of the current users and copying that to the new table. If so, it becomes out of sync when the privileges in txp_users change. ie. a change to the access to the admin side is not updated for the same users under Manage Users.

That said, I know there isn’t really a one-to-one correlation between the txp_users priviledges and the levels in this plugin. So shouldn’t it actually not assign levels based on access level to the admin section?

Just wondering, otherwise, it seems like just the plugin I need!

Shige

Last edited by typeshige (2009-03-10 19:53:54)

#678 2009-03-22 11:03:10

Melusine

Hi,

I am experiencing 2 problems using the “ign_password_protect” in combination with the “rah_comment_form” plugins in the way it is suggested here:
#
1. although logged in alreaedy as administrator I get the login prompt when I try to submit a comment
(This is not nice, but – let’s say – I could live with it, if the next error would not occur)

2. after logging in for a second time, I can see the comment form. So I write my comment. Now, when I press the button “submit” I get kicked out of the session and also the comment is not saved.

This is really weird and I cannot find the reason for this strange behaviour.
Anyone else, who has experience the same problem or knows a workaround?

I would very much appreciate some help here, since I need to submit the page early next week (latest by Tuesday).

Thanks a lot
Melusine

below I’ve pasted the txp code of “comments_display” form:

<h2 id=”<txp:text item=“comment” />”><txp:comments_invite textonly=“1” showalways=“1” showcount=“0” /></h2>
<txp:comments break=“div” breakclass=“comment” form=“comments” sort=“posted desc” />
<txp:if_comments_preview>
<txp:comments_preview />
</div>
</txp:if_comments_preview>
<txp:if_comments_allowed>
<txp:rah_comment_form><txp:rah_comment_message /></txp:rah_comment_form>
<txp:else />
</txp:if_comments_allowed>
<txp:if_comments_allowed>
<txp:ign_if_not_logged_in>
Sie müssen sich einloggen, um diesen Beitrag zu kommentieren.
<txp:ign_show_login />
</txp:ign_if_not_logged_in>
</txp:if_comments_allowed>

#679 2009-03-27 01:22:40

tye
Website

So after reading all 68 pages (sore eyes) these features are still to come:

1 – Redirect to section/category (although there is a work around)

2 – Ability to login to front end, and back end at the same time – (unsure on this one)

#680 2009-03-27 13:12:07

tye
Website

What does the Permissions do in the file tab?

Can we turn them off for certain user levels?

Very Interesting

#681 2009-03-27 17:11:17

igner
Plugin Author

@jstubbs – it’s still on the table, but it’s distinctly a case of not enough hours in the day. When the options for my free time are: fix bugs in a free plugin, do paid freelance work, or spend time with my wife and children…

@typeshige – technically, that synching on the creation of the secondary table should be stripped out; on validation the plugin does fallback to the txp_users table. Or at least it should…it’s been a while since I tested that piece, and I have made other changes in that chunk of code.

@tye – only 68 pages in 4 years? how disappointing. Yes, there are alternatives to the redirect, and I’ve got that functionality partially coded, but my reply to jstubbs applies here as well.

the permissions allows some very basic file-level access restrictions, though that should be considered very beta functionality. there’s some mention of it in this thread, probably within the last 10 pages or so :)

And then my dog ate my badger, and the love was lost.

#682 2009-03-28 04:55:10

tye
Website

What – I read all 68 pages and missed something… :)

Thanks igner – I’ll check over them again :)

no worries on the time scale – I too have those problems and shouldn’t really be working today… but am :(

[ok – I found it :) – it would be really useful though if (here’s where it gets complicated) you could add permission’s to the admin users who are able to set the file permission’s in the file tab.

A the moment a lowly level 6 can alter the permissions.

but remember – thats just a suggestion

Last edited by tye (2009-03-28 07:17:35)

#683 2009-04-07 13:37:46

tye
Website

Sorry to be a nag on this one :)

But was there a solution to the cookie problem?

The one where you cannot be logged in to the front and admin at the same time

Thanks

#684 2009-04-07 15:48:02

igner
Plugin Author

i have a path to a fix – no timeline for implementation on that though. It’s a byproduct of changes to the admin authentication implemented in 4.0.6 – the same one that disallows the same admin account to login from 2 different machines.

Last edited by igner (2009-04-07 15:49:11)

And then my dog ate my badger, and the love was lost.

Board footer