Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2006-02-20 14:41:53

hakjoon
Website

Re: hak_tinymce WYSIWYG article editor

The default initialization for the plugin does not have a styles dropdown (mostly because I haven’t figured out how to integrate it with TXP style sheets) so it does seem like something is acting weird with your install.

I would try re-installing first. Alternatively you could try using the 2.0.3 version that moxiecode just released (I swear every time I update my package they release a new version.)

The version I include is pretty vanilla except for the image plugin so i can help you get it upgraded properly if you want to do that.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#74 2006-02-21 00:27:12

dododi

Is there a thread/guide to installing it properly.

The process I used:

1) Renamed the old tinymce folder

2) Uploaded yours

3) “Deactivated textile

4) Activated TinyMCE

5) Installed “hak_tinymce.txt” into the plugins.

6) Activated “hak_tinymce.txt”

Is this the correct procedure or am I missing something?

Is there anything special i need to do with installing version 2.03?

Finally, is it possible to integrate the editor with “upm_image_popper”? Images will only appear if the editor is switched off. I assume this is normal and not something to do with my install.

Thanks

#75 2006-02-21 01:31:29

hakjoon
Website

That’s pretty much what you do. I’m not sure exactly what you mean by Activated TinyMCE.

1. upload the tiny_mce folder into the textpattern folder, if you have a previous one remove it or rename it
  2. install ha_tinymce like any other plugin from the hak_tinymce.txt file
  3. activate it. That should be it. Anything else is optional.

About integrating upm_img_popper, right now that won’t work. The method that upm_img_popper uses to inster the code doesn’t play well with tinyMCE, also tinyMCE doesn’t like tags with colons so it won’t allow the <txp:upm_image /> I wnat to make an option that will make the XHTML insert from upm_img_popper work with tinyMCE but I don’t think it will ever like the <txp:upm_image /> tags. There is an image picker in the distribution though that will allow you to go through your image folder.

As far as updating to 2.0.3 (or any other dot release of 2.0)

1. get the install from moxiecode
  2. From the zip upload the tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce folder into your textpattern directory
  3. if you want to use the image picker copy the ibrowser folder from /tiny_mce/plugins in my zip into the new tiny_mce folder. That’s it.

The iBrowser plugin is the only thing in the regular tinyMCE install folder that is specific to TXP. Everything else is in the hak_tinymce plugin itself.

I’m still not sure why yours is acting all weird though. Are you using the default initialization form?

Also make sure everything works ok in the moxicode examples Some people have had issues with firefox extensions causing it not to work.

Last edited by hakjoon (2006-02-21 01:35:27)

#76 2006-02-21 05:54:15

dododi

Thanks i will give that a try

#77 2006-02-28 12:34:45

-P-

Hi and thank you from this plugin!

I just installed it for the first time with no problems. I have one question thoug. I am using this plugin on a site which future updates are beeing handled by non tecnical person. In which case wysiwyg is ideal tool.

In event=article view, is it possible to lose the drop down options for usage of textile totally? When and if the writer uses this plugin, those options there visible can be just confusing and since probably never used, would be nice to just hide them.

I would use otherwise plugin waz_admin_hide_fields to achieve this but it has been broken for a quite a long time now and development has assumably stopped with it.

#78 2006-02-28 13:30:44

hakjoon
Website

The handling of the drop down is really inconsistent. You will notice that if you turn off the excerpt in the site wide preferences that the excerpt drop down is still available even though there is no excerpt.

Let me see f I can come up with something. The mark up of the advanced options is not really good for turning specific bits on and off, but it tends to be doable. I could set it as an option.

#79 2006-03-24 04:46:52

jebni

I’m having some trouble with the iBrowser plugin, which is generating absolute URLs for placed images. This doesn’t work for my current setup, because I’ve currently got a txp site set up on a staging server for a very non-technical client The client wants a WYSIWIG editor with image browsing, so TinyMCE is greeeeeaat, but all the image URLs entered in the site’s beta phase will break when we go live.

I’ve tried trawling for a default config file for iBrowser 1.1, but can’t find one — I know the current version has a “furl” option to make the URL absolute or relative, but the whole config file system seems to have changed.

#80 2006-03-24 13:23:53

hakjoon
Website

The iBrowser that’s included in the package is pretty old, and not supported by the author anymore. I only included it because it was in micampe’s original version.

I’ll see if I can make it spit back proper URLs. We’ve been fighting with that at work the past week integrating our old image manager so it’s fairly fresh in my head.

Do any of the URL cleanup parameters do anything, I’m not sure if iBrowser even looks at those?

#81 2006-03-24 15:56:58

mrdale
Website

Is there an easy way to make the default for the “element” menu paragraph? Just thought I’d ask, since I find I have to tell people to select paragraph on every article.

#82 2006-03-24 16:02:03

hakjoon
Website

It should just insert paragraphs by default. Is it not doing that?

hmmm .. look at that. It doesn’t do that. It only inserts paragraphs once you hit return. Let me look into it.

#83 2006-03-24 16:24:39

mrdale
Website

Yeah, htmlarea (in a drupal install) does this too. Not a proplem to select “paragraph” just means I have to tell everyone I build a site for to do that step too, and apparrently I’m lazy.

#84 2006-03-24 16:38:32

hakjoon
Website

this thread sort of explains how to run a function in initialization that will insert <p></p> by default. Can probably tweak that to check to see if there is any content already otherwise create paragraphs. Let me play around with that.

It will create paragraphs if they hit enter so if they are creating multi paragraph entries it should take care of it self.

update:
I played around with the some init side functions and I can definitely have tinyMCE insert paragraphs by default if the document is empty which will make paragraphs the default format. I’ll see about adding that as an option in the next update. I need to update the included tinyMCE anyway.

Last edited by hakjoon (2006-03-24 17:12:34)

Board footer