You are not logged in.
Notice: This thread is archived, this plugin is no longer available.
Author: Joshua Jabbour
0.1 0.2 0.2.1 0.3
waz_admin_hide_fields No longer available from this source
The plugin requires Rev. 198 or later which is when admin-side plugin support was added.
This plugin is still in an experimental state. Buyer beware and all. You’ve been warned!
This plugin allows you to hide fields from the “Write Article” page. (I’ve used it to hide the “Use Textile” and “Keywords” sections so as to not confuse the guy for whom I’m designing a Textpattern-powered site.)
Currently, you must edit the source of the plugin to specify which fields to hide. Hopefully I will add a preference page for the plugin soon, but for now, this will have to do. (It’s better than hacking the Textpattern code.)
In order to hide a field, change “1” to “0” in the array at the top of the plugin code. Do this by clicking “edit” on the plugins page. Do not change the names in this array, or the plugin will not work.
Note: Should now work for all languages.
This plugin currently only works for the English (GB) and English (US) locales. Another thing I hope to remedy soon. Until then, you can do a little more editing to make it work for your locale. Just change the names in the array at the top to what is displayed in your language. Do not change the names in the array, or the plugin will not work.
Added the ability to hide a few more fields.
Locale support: Plugin should work no matter which language Textpattern is set to use.
Added “Recent Articles” link to the list of fields that can be hidden.
Users no longer have to manually type the names of fields they want hidden. Just set the preference to “0” for fields desired hidden. The source must still be edited though.
Last edited by wazdog (2006-02-03 04:41:05)
If anyone tries this out, please report back any errors. I haven’t tested in any PC browsers, nor Mac IE.
Something weird has happened with this latest version. When the plugin is enabled, the text in the Body form textarea has strange linebreaks. It gets saved correctly, but just appears malformed.
I’d recommend not using this plugin until I can work out what the kink is.
Or try it, and see if you can find the bug. :)
Last edited by wazdog (2005-05-09 11:15:12)
The plugin works like charme under firefox/win. But on Apple there are strange behaviours: on Safari 1.3 the plugin has no effect, the fields are still there. On Safari 1.2.4 the textarea in the middle is completly missing (as reported by my customer, haven’t seen it myself).
Last edited by alice_c (2005-05-09 12:37:24)
That’s strange, it seemed to work in Safari 2.0.
Let me check again…
As for my problems with strange formatting on the Body textarea in Firefox, I have no idea. Well, I have sortof an idea, but I’m not sure if it’s work-aroundable. And I have no idea how to find out more about it. So it may derail the plugin for now.
I have another idea how this can be handled way easier, so I may submit a small patch for the Txp core…
Okay, I’ve changed the core Txp code to allow stuff like this super-easily. Just added a bunch of id’s where needed. (I’m a big fan of CSS.)
This solves every problem reported, and probably every one not reported. ;)
Anyway, I have a patch file. Don’t know if Dean or the devs would accept it and roll it into the core (it wouldn’t have any negative effect). But I went to the development Trac site, and couldn’t find out how to create a login identity, so I can’t submit a ticket. :(
Anyway, I don’t really have the time to do much more here. I’ll just have to use a hacked up Txp install for my site, and hope I can get my small changes added to Txp soon…
Last edited by wazdog (2005-05-09 14:49:39)