Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2005-11-18 19:56:51

Jaro

Re: asy_sitemap: Google-Sitemap (as-is/for developers)

I think that the problem is something with timezones and future date as discussed in this thread on Google Groups

Unfortunately I don’t have skills to edit the plugin. Any help would be appreciated. Is it ok to remove the time completely?

#38 2005-11-26 14:06:43

edburdo
Website

Sencer… Excellent work. Installed and verified with Google in about 5 minutes.

Eric

#39 2005-12-07 17:02:16

Sandwich

Is there any way to prevent the plugin from covering sections that aren’t set to be “included in site search”? I have a number of sections that aren’t linked to from any page on my site, and I use them for testing various things before implementing changes site-wide. I certainly don’t want Google to be indexing those pages.

EDIT: Hmm… and why am I getting a blank sitemap (0 bytes)? The permissions are set to 777, but it just remains blank.

Last edited by Sandwich (2005-12-08 10:18:08)

#40 2006-01-13 16:33:12

fvt

Hi Sencer
Thx for a great plugin. Tested it and i worked. One strange thing occured though – Zems image replacement plug stopped working for me (zem_ir ). Have you any idea why? Or has someone else had the same problem? I tested on two of my sites and exactly the same thing happens.

Fabian / Silvia Media

#41 2006-01-16 11:10:18

Henrik Pejer

Hi Fabian!

I stumbled up the same problem and was able to solve it by updating the zem_ir plugin.

There seems to be a problem with PHP in safe_mod and writing to files with img-functions.

The solution is to touch the file just before you write it.

Look through the zem_ir plugin for this function:

ImagePNG

just BEFORE that one, touch the file:

touch($cache_filename);

thus:
// save copy of image for cache
ImagePNG($image,$cache_filename) ;

will turn into:

// save copy of image for cache
touch($cache_filename);
ImagePNG($image,$cache_filename) ;

Since this is a hack, and not tested much, I suggest that mr zem take a look at this, and perhaps implement the code in a new updated version.

If anyone test this little hack and finds any problems, please write about it.

Take care and happy TXP-ing!

.:8):.

#42 2006-01-22 23:43:02

apreble

I’m getting some denied URLs that all say “URL not under Sitemap path”. The three examples they show me are all paths to individual articles. It doesn’t make too much sense because the sitemap is in the root directory. Anyone else having a similar problem?
—Andrew

#43 2006-03-02 05:53:05

rbe
Website

This plugin is awesome! Thanks so much for putting it together!… I do have a question for you guys though… If you turned on the “ping” google options – what methods are you using to track if it works… Google is picking up my sitemap anyway, I just wanted see if it was working correctly. I tried to “watch the headers” on my side, but then realized that the headers are going to be on the http stream that is making the request, from the server not from my computer… I don’t see anything in my logs and was wondering if anybody had a creative solution. Thanks in advance!

#44 2006-03-07 17:11:07

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

Sandwich wrote:

Is there any way to prevent the plugin from covering sections that aren’t set to be “included in site search”? I have a number of sections that aren’t linked to from any page on my site, and I use them for testing various things before implementing changes site-wide. I certainly don’t want Google to be indexing those pages.

Same question here. I’m using a search-excluded section to generate a sidebar that has links to elsewhere on the site. Including the posts from that section would basically be duplication, which I’m afraid might get me docked by Google. I could add some redirects in .htaccess for traffic going to those posts, but I’d just as soon save the extra trouble.

#45 2006-04-13 08:55:07

GeertAki
Plugin Author
Website

Hello,

I have ‘patched’ the sitemaps plugin so that it is possible to exclude sections from the output. It’s not the best solution, but at least, it’s a solution.

This is a direct-download link:
http://altum.be/file_download/32 (Sorry, no more available)

That file is the complete code of the original plugin, extended with my solution.
So if you have made some changes to the plugin by your own, you will loose them when you use my version.

A first test learns me that it works, but somehow, I have a problem if the forbidden section is called ‘test’… Maybe it’s a problem of caching at the proxy-server that I use. Any feedback is welcome!

Kind regards,
Geert Van Aken

Ps: Sencer, this plugin really rocks!

edit: As you can see in my post on page 6 of this forum thread, I have a new version of this plugin, pointing to the schema at the official sitemaps.org website. This is a direct download link to that version: http://altum.be/file_download/36 (Sorry, no more available)

Last edited by GeertAki (2008-01-14 14:18:37)

#46 2006-04-13 09:40:22

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

That’s awesome Geert, thanks!

I’ll give it a spin later this week and see how it does. I’ll let you know if I run into any problems.

#47 2006-04-14 09:52:00

GeertAki
Plugin Author
Website

GeertAki wrote:

A first test learns me that it works, but somehow, I have a problem if the forbidden section is called ‘test’… Maybe it’s a problem of caching at the proxy-server that I use. Any feedback is welcome!

Today, my test-section wasn’t in the sitemaps anymore, so I guess it was a caching-problem. It seems that my patch works. Any other oppinions?

Geert

Board footer