Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2005-10-14 03:30:21

tinyfly
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] upm_category_image: Display image for category.

Thanks Mary, that fixed the undefined variable error and there are no more errors being reported but I am still not seeing the category images.

I am getting the same sort of error with upm_image_popper, I don’t know if it is related.

<code>
tag_error <txp:upm_image type=“image” image_id=“33” class=“article-img” /> -> Notice: Undefined variable: show_caption

tag_error <txp:upm_image type=“image” image_id=“34” class=“article-img” /> -> Notice: Undefined variable: show_caption
</code

Also, any idea why plugin preferences are showing up under txp’s “preferences” tab even if the offending plugin is removed? (See screenshot linked to in my previous post.)

Thanks for the help!

#50 2005-10-15 07:47:39

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Regarding the prefs and undefined for upm_img_popper: see here. Are you still having problems with upm_img_popper?

Regarding upm_category_image: try the latest version. Let me know if you have any more problems.

#51 2005-10-17 15:45:27

tinyfly
Website

upm_img_popper is now working fine, thanks.

upm_category_image is still having problems. The images now show up but none of the attributes are working. This is the tag I am using in an article form: <code><txp:upm_category1_image class=“category-img” thumb=“no” link_section=“no” /></code> The class isn’t applied at all and it does link to the category section (even though I said no) but the link is like www.domain.com/categorycategory-name. Note the missing slash after category.

Also, in the help section under the link_section it states: Available values: yes (default) or no (default).

#52 2005-10-19 16:23:46

tinyfly
Website

Your ideas?

#53 2005-10-19 22:43:16

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

I’m still here, the past couple days I’ve been feeling real groggy so I haven’t done much Txp-related.

Okay… Whoopsie. ;) A comma instead of a period, and a missing slash (but only in one place). Bad Mary. v.0.4.5

#54 2005-10-19 23:18:54

tinyfly
Website

Excellent Mary, back to normal. I hope you are feeling better.

#55 2005-12-03 23:16:18

Infi

I’ve played around with upm_category_image a little this afternoon and am getting some odd results using different attributes.

1. The output of width and height adds a “1” after the height attribute like this: width=“60” height=“48“1

2. If link=“no” is specified, the image is still linked… to the image itself.

3. If link=“no” and link_section=“no” (OR just link_section=“no”) is specified, both the href and the image src tag returns the category link path, so the image doesn’t show (i.e. it’s path is specified as the category path, not the image directory path).

I probably haven’t played with it enough and so am missing something. :\ I also haven’t played with it enough to make suggestions, really, but…

Clean Image Tag: Wouldn’t it be easier to just specify the image path and apply only the width/height, alt and (possibly) a class, insuring the image path is not otherwise touched? This would guarantee that the only thing the image tag needs to be concerned with is displaying the image itself, i.e. there would be no chance of it becoming confused as to whether it’s looking for a link to the category or the path to the image.

Classes/IDs: Use the other tag attributes to add a wraptag and a class to the wraptag (if one is specified). (HREFs and lists can be styled according to the class added to the wrap tag.)

Just some thoughts. Really hope I don’t sound insolent here because (in fact) I’m still trying to grasp exactly how this puppy works. :) Awesome plugin!

Last edited by Infi (2005-12-03 23:33:30)

#56 2005-12-04 11:41:35

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

1. & #3 are caused by variable name collision. The plugin isn’t getting confused, it’s doing exactly what I told it to, which isn’t right. ;D

Regarding classes/ids: that’s what it already does/is supposed to do.

0.4.6 should fix this for you, let me know if you have any more problems.

#57 2005-12-04 15:39:03

Infi

Beautiful… and fast. :) I still get the “1” after the height attribute. Not sure where that’s coming from. :\

#58 2005-12-04 17:36:15

mrdale
Website

Thanks so much for this plugin.

I realize that I grab plugins from all over the place as per my need. I don’t do php, I do design, so I can’t write ‘em for myself. I’m delighted that usually I can find a solution almost directly after I’ve become aware of a need, already tested and ready to deploy.

I also realize that I don’t always say thanks to the dedicated and prolific developers, like mary.

Thank You.

#59 2005-12-06 01:42:09

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Hrm. Can you post the exact tag and attributes you’re using? That’ll help me track it down.

You’re welcome. :)

#60 2005-12-06 02:41:31

Infi

< txp:upm_category2_image class=“img_left” link=“yes” />

If height/width are specified the mysterious “1” still appears, so I’m thinking it might be a random occurrence somewhere else in the script, but I haven’t spotted it floating around anywhere.

BTW, if link=“no”, no class is applied to the image tag, which means no styling hooks. I can’t imagine one could use a single tag to specify a class for either/or or both. There are a lot of potential variations, which is cool. Linking it provides a hook on the href. I’ll try a few more combinations when I get a chance to make sure it’s unbreakable. :)

Echo on the thanks for the great plugins. _

Board footer