Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#541 2008-03-28 17:40:45

igner
Plugin Author

Re: ign_password_protect

Actually, now that I look at it, I have no idea what is creating that table. It’s not ign_password_protect, and it’s not a core table. It threw me because I see that table in my sandbox install, but that could have been from testing any number of plugins.

And then my dog ate my badger, and the love was lost.

#542 2008-04-01 12:45:46

progre55

Igner:

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Since your last comment, even though you said it was not related to your plug in, I figured out how to load the table. Thank G-d for the internet. What I wound up having to do was make this change:

CREATE TABLE txp_priv (
id int(8) NOT NULL auto_increment,
priv varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',
`1` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
`2` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
`3` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
`4` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
`5` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
`6` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY (id)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I now know this had nothing to do with the original problem. I am still getting the message “Restricted Area” when I go to the Extension Area. I am allowed to select tabs that have Mary’s Plug Ins, but ign_user_mgmt does not appear.

The I found this thread which describes the exact problem I am experiencing.

I posted there and Rudd responded with the answer.

add_privs('ign_user_mgmt', '1,2'); is missing.

When I added this to the code, the tab appeared. :)

Thanks again for all your help.

progre55

Last edited by progre55 (2008-04-01 13:16:41)

#543 2008-04-01 16:06:45

igner
Plugin Author

progre55 – I just realized that I must have made a couple modifications to my archived source of 0.4.2d to correct that (bad habit of mine, thank god for version control). which explains why I wasn’t seeing a problem. it’s also not an issue in the current version, (which, BTW, adds a fair amount of additional / improved functionality, so is worth upgrading to when time permits).

#544 2008-04-01 16:16:09

progre55

igner:

Thanks.

I will definitely upgrade and look forward too using the newest version in upcoming projects.

progre55

#545 2008-04-04 05:31:20

typeshige
Website

I’m still having problems. I tried two sites I’m running which have different plugins and neither work.

Do you have any ideas? Thanks

Shige

igner wrote:

@typeshige – are you still having issues with the login form?

@progre55 – What version of TXP are you using?

#546 2008-04-04 06:12:49

typeshige
Website

Ok, so I think I figured it out and maybe this is a feature.

So I’m using .htaccess to password protect my development site and when you login Apache sets the server variables PHP_AUTH_USER and PHP_AUTH_PW. This seems to throw things off since the plugin seems to want to use that as the name and password pair to authenticate.

For now the .htaccess name/password is different than the one I want to use to pass to ign_password_protect

I can do a work-around, but I just wanted to see what you think of this and if this is intended.

Thanks.

#547 2008-04-04 06:25:47

typeshige
Website

I thought I was clever and created an account on my development site that matches the name/password I used on my .htaccess.

This is the result:

A problem occured while loading the plugin: ign_password_protect -> Notice: Undefined index: nonce on line 462

plugin/ign_password_protect.php:133 ign_doTxpValidate()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:452 include()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:555 load_plugin()
textpattern/publish.php:109 load_plugins()
index.php:39 include()

#548 2008-04-04 07:03:20

igner
Plugin Author

@typeshige – the plugin has two modes, either inline, or browser-based. To do the browser-based, the plugin tests for the presence of php_auth_user and auth_pw, and if present, and attempts to validate against those first. Hence the problem logging in.

On the second – you should be able ignore the notice – that’s just an issue of my not checking to see if a variable’s set before testing against it. If you set the site status to Live, then the notice will be suppressed, and you won’t see it either.

Hope that helps.

#549 2008-04-04 15:30:18

typeshige
Website

@igner: Thanks! That was helpful.

#550 2008-04-04 16:12:46

typeshige
Website

So I have at least two options I’m considering:

1. If the user is not logged-in, have a hidden div with the login form that can be shown when they click “Login”. This is a non-secure page. An example is the way you login to Digg
2. Have the “login” button go to a secure page with the login form there. Is this the way to go?

If I want to have login appear on its own page, what are some strategies that have worked? i.e. Should I create a section called “login” and display the form from there? It does seem kind of wasteful to create a section just for that, so I was wondering if there are other elegant solutions.

Thanks,
Shige

#551 2008-04-04 17:14:21

typeshige
Website

At any time, if my questions seem like they’ve been covered already please let me know! I always try to do a basic search, but I think many of my questions have probably been asked by now… so please bear with me.

So, I made a section called “login” to display the login form. I can login and it’s dandy. I want to return to the home page if they’re logged in. What’s the best way to do that?

I saw this tag:

<txp:ign_if_logged_in><txp:else /></txp:ign_if_logged_in>

Is it possible to do a redirect if they’re logged in using that tag?

Thanks,
Shige

#552 2008-04-04 18:55:24

igner
Plugin Author

Right now you could do a redirect with the if_logged_in logic by doing a meta-refresh – not 100% reliable, but it’s the best option at this juncture.1 So in the head of the login page, you’d have:

<txp:ign_if_logged_in><meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;http://mysite/newsection/" /></txp:ign_if_logged_in>

That should do the trick – alternatively, set the refresh timeout to something a bit more reasonable – say 5-10 seconds, and for the body have something along the lines of:

<txp:ign_if_logged_in>
Put your success message here, and the redirect link so people can jump to the target page faster than the refresh time
<txp:else />
Put your login call here.
</txp:ign_if_logged_in>

Let me know if that makes sense.

1 I am (and have been for a while) planning on incorporating redirect functionality into the plugin at some point.

Board footer