Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#181 2007-01-18 03:16:25

scronje
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_live_archive

wilshire wrote:

Since I am not 1 of the 100 million suckers that installed IE7, can someone try downloading the latest version (0.7) of the plugin and let me know if it works?

Based on some info I found I needed to change the onload event handling for IE7.

:-)

I run only Linux, but have found a way to run all the IEs on my box – although I only have IExploder 6 and 7 installed. It has made working on the site I am oh-so-slowly erecting a LOT easier.

Anyway, if you do run Linux, you can use IE4Linux. It works like a charm for me.

It still does not seem to work in IE7. Something else strange is happening in both IE6 and IE7:

The page loads, but “just sits there” with the spinner going. When you click the stop button, the live archive is loaded. The functionality is the same as before: Works in IE 6 and doesn’t in IE7. BUT it won’t load!

Thank you for your work with this, Rob.

Steve

#182 2007-01-18 16:41:33

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

scronje wrote:

It still does not seem to work in IE7. Something else strange is happening in both IE6 and IE7:

Funny, but the plugin still works fine for me in IE6.

As far as I’ve found, there’s no decent way to debug javascript in IE7. Anyone know of a way?

#183 2007-01-18 17:39:45

scronje
Website

wilshire wrote:

Funny, but the plugin still works fine for me in IE6.

I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I have both IE6 and 7 installed on the same machine. I have just been reading that conditional IE comments in CSS are read as for the highest version of the browser on the box. Maybe something similar?

If you like, you can see the site I am working on “here“http://:chocumami.com. (I am still working on some awful hacks for IExploder6 on this site – is seems to disply OK in both FF and IE7)

#184 2007-01-18 18:07:45

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

All of your prayers have been answered!!! If you are unfortunate enough to be using IE7, the live archive will now work properly.

Download version 0.7 which is now updated with the fix.

For anyone who cares, I found the answer to the problem here after a few hours of digging and proceeded to fix the plugin with 1 line of javascript code.

Last edited by wilshire (2007-01-18 18:20:01)

#185 2007-01-18 18:21:36

scronje
Website

wilshire wrote:

If you are unfortunate enough to be using IE7, the live archive will now work properly.

:-) Unfortunate alright, but IE7 seems to parse HTML and CSS much better than IE6.

Anyway, thank you so very much for getting this working. I have tried it out, and can confirm that it does work in both IE6 and IE7 on Linux. I am still having the trouble with it not loading completely, and needing to press the stop button. This was not an issue with versions 5 and below. I would be greatful if someone can confirm that it loads completely in a non-Linux emulation environment. ( Here – it is in the left sidebar, a little way down).

Many thanks, again, Rob.

Steve

#186 2007-01-18 18:24:30

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

scronje wrote:

I would be greatful if someone can confirm that it loads completely in a non-Linux emulation environment. (Here – it is in the left sidebar, a little way down).

Loads fine for me on WinXP IE 7. Yes, I had to install it to test the plugin :(

#187 2007-01-18 18:30:26

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

wilshire wrote:

Yes, I had to install it to test the plugin :(

1,000,001 :)

#188 2007-01-18 18:46:48

scronje
Website

wilshire wrote:

Loads fine for me on WinXP IE 7. Yes, I had to install it to test the plugin :(

Great. Thank you for checking it out for me. Are you able to:

1,000,001 – 1 = x+1, where x = number of sane and free folks in the world

Steve

#189 2007-01-23 16:00:23

davidschob

I know this is a silly question but I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. I implemented livesearch on a test site www.davidschober.hopto.org/development/textpattern/

And it works fine in firefox, but in IE, the results end up on the far right (off screen). Is there a simple css trick I’m missing?

One other question: when I search in livesearch, all results come up (like it’s supposed to) but when I hit return to take me to the search page, only some results show up.

Thanks again.

Also, Thanks wilshire, this plugin is great.

#190 2007-02-17 16:19:30

fuls
Website

I have some problems with this plugin.

?larch=1 outputs this:

The post cache cannot be opened. Make sure your file upload path is correct and writable – ../files

I have full path to the files directory and it is writable. Also I have all .dat files generated. I also have auto recache on and
this code to call the plugin:

<txp:rss_live_archive section=“news” category=“news” countprefix=”(” countsuffix=”)” showcommentscount=“0”>
<txp:rss_suparchive />
<p>You must have Javascript enabled to view archives.</p>
</txp:rss_live_archive>

In firefox I get nothing,only my title “Archives” but in IE I can see for a few second “loading article archives”.

#191 2007-02-17 16:29:00

scronje
Website

fuls wrote:

The post cache cannot be opened. Make sure your file upload path is correct and writable – ../files

This is just an off the cuff thought, but: what are those two periods before the /files?

#192 2007-02-17 22:16:46

fuls
Website

scronje wrote:

fuls wrote:

This is just an off the cuff thought, but: what are those two periods before the /files?

Actually nothing, I put periods instead of writing the full path here in the post.

/path/to file/files

Board footer