1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » upm_img_popper

#37 2005-05-25 16:49:11

sekhu
Website

Re: upm_img_popper

> jameslomax wrote:

> Yes it would. I think I saw Dean mention somewhere that image handling will improve for future releases, and I hope the idea isn’t buried under a lot of more frontline development needs. My guess is – my hope is – he cruises the forums keeping watch on developments like this one, and considering if they might have value for the txp core.

Incidentally Worpress is more advanced with this, in the sense that they have some great and widely used plugins. One of the better ones is called Exhibit, which does work quite nicely.

Exhibit is more a gallery type plugin – I was hoping someone could convert IImage Browser – which basically does all of this, but it’s a WP plugin only and neither the original author nor the guy who modified use TXP or have the time do convert it. I like the way img_popper is going, but if it’s a gallery style plugin it should seperate thing because that would require a lot more feature wise.

To be honest, WP’s own image “manager” is pretty inferior as the plugins tend to the job far, far better than default. Create a thumbnail, and you get no output, link or knowledge of where it is except that it says thumbnail was created. It’s very shoddy, by that token the TXP image manager is well ahead

#38 2005-05-25 17:03:07

mrdale
Website

I don’t consider my suggestion to be a gallery plugin. Just an efficient visual way to get images into articles, which can take a lot of time if you are writing many articles at a time.

What I’m really looking forward to is a multiple image upload function at some point.

#39 2005-05-25 17:08:12

soulship
Website

Now that’s what I’m talkin about Mr.Dale….That would be ideal.

#40 2005-05-25 17:15:04

mrdale
Website

BTW: Sorry to get grandiose and off topic…

…which, as I recall is upm_img_popper.

#41 2005-05-25 17:17:09

Skubidu
Archived Plugin Author
Website

> mrdale wrote:

> OK, a picture tells 1K words, so here’s a 19.3K gif ;P

I like your words ;)
The only problem still to be solved in this idea: the traffic if you always show all uploaded images.

A few weeks ago I posted a picture on a German textpattern site how the article images could be shown in the write tab:
(sorry, it’s in German – the first arrow points to the article image [=Artikelbild] ).

#42 2005-05-25 17:23:00

sekhu
Website

> mrdale wrote:

> I don’t consider my suggestion to be a gallery plugin. Just an efficient visual way to get images into articles, which can take a lot of time if you are writing many articles at a time.

>What I’m really looking forward to is a multiple image upload function at some point.

I’d like to see that taken further and support for FTP uploading of images, user could then go to the image manager and checkbox which iamges they want in which cat. Batch uploads would be a start though.

#43 2005-05-25 17:25:59

mrdale
Website

Alles gute! Skubidu:

Re: too many images» The other thought I had was just to add a image category filter field above the list. You could set it to show nothing by default, with the select saying “select image category”.

Re: ftp upload, tag and cat» Rock me amedaeus! that sounds like a great idea.

#44 2005-05-25 17:30:43

Skubidu
Archived Plugin Author
Website

> mrdale wrote:

> “select image category”.

Oh, that’s a nice idea :)

> Re: ftp upload, tag and cat» Rock me amedaeus! that sounds like a great idea.

Hey programers out there: Isn’t there anybody who knows how to do that and who likes to make a patch so these features could be added directly to textpattern?!

#45 2005-05-25 17:42:15

moloko
Website

Just installed this plugin. Works like a charm. Looking forward to v.0.3 when it comes out.

#46 2005-05-25 19:38:32

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

I am taking all these ideas into consideration, and I’ll do my best to implement the ones I do.

I did work yesterday on:

• choose article image
• matching article image option for upm_image (so article_image can have the same extras, class, id, etc)
• allowing sorting, i.e: sort by date ascending or descending, by category, etc
• a page # drop-down

I’ve got a few more things to add and test, and v.0.3 is here. :)

#47 2005-05-25 19:50:49

alexandra

> mary wrote:

> I am taking all these ideas into consideration, and I’ll do my best to implement the ones I do.

Thats lovely mary. Perhaps your code find it´s way into TXP 1 final. Hope Dean et al follow this thread :)

#48 2005-05-25 20:18:59

soulship
Website

Hey Mary ;) Great work I am relly diggin this. I have one question. How can I tell the pop up where to appear on my screen? I am assuming it has something to do with this:

winTop = (screen.height) ? (screen.height / 2) - (winHeight / 2) : 0; winLeft = (screen.width) ? (screen.width / 2) - (winWidth / 2) : 0;

But I am not sure. I would like to have it come up and hug the left of my screen and I could have side by side. Obviously this is not a big deal, but I thought I would ask in case it was something I could do simply.

Jamie

Last edited by soulship (2005-05-25 20:19:22)

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » upm_img_popper

Board footer