Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2005-08-25 18:07:43

loid

Re: mem_self_register

Manfre, I have the plugin partially working in Textpattern 4.0. The registration form displays properly, and if the form is filled out correctly with a valid email, the user receives an email notice the also displays properly according to self_register_email_message.

However, if the user leaves one of the fields blank in mem_self_register_form, I cannot get <txp:mem_name_warn /> or the other corresponding template tags to work. I’ve tried setting them up in the HTML registration page template and on the mem_self_register_form itself, and neither works.

Also, once the form submit button is hit, the user is redirected to the home page, with no message displayed.

Would this be because I’m trying to get it to work in Textpattern 4.0?

Thanks for your help!

#74 2005-08-31 14:27:59

Web-Punk

I’ve installed this plugin, it was just what I was looking for, except it does not work? The “Plugin” pane says “installed” and “Active”, I also found the “self-reg” under preferences – advanced preferences, but I get no extra pane for this plugin if it’s supposed to create one.

When I go to my textpattern page, there’s no login or register?

Web-Punk

#75 2005-08-31 17:13:23

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

For this plugin to work, like most plugins, you will need to add plugin tags to either a page or form on your site. You dictate the location and layout of the registration form. Please read the plugin help and/or the posts in this thread. I’m sure you will find your answer.

#76 2005-08-31 17:28:22

heikki74

(It took a while to write this.. Manfre got first to answer)

I think help texts are quite messy for rookies.
The following is quite minimum for this plugin to work..

Download latest version from here.
Install and activate it.
Go to the plugin help. Press “install” next to This plugin requires values to be installed to the preferences.
(now you can find the settings under “Self_reg” in “admin -> preferences -> advanced preferences”)

put this to your page template:
<code><txp:mem_self_register_form /></code>

put to the form called self_register_form
<code>Name: <txp:mem_name_input /><br />
User Name: <txp:mem_user_input /><br />
Email: <txp:mem_email_input /><br />
<txp:mem_submit /></code>

put this to the form called self_register_email
<code>Dear <txp:mem_name />, Thank you for registering for <txp:mem_sitename />.
Below are you user account details.
Username: <txp:mem_username />
Password: <txp:mem_password />
Site URL: <txp:mem_siteurl />
Login URL: <txp:mem_loginurl />
Sincerely,
<txp:mem_admin_name />
Email: <txp:mem_admin_email /></code>

Try it now. The user should receive email and become visible in “admin -> site admin” tab.

#77 2005-08-31 23:36:32

loid

heikki74,

I was glad to see your simplified explanation for setting the plugin up. I’d already done that. But as I noted before, using Textpattern 4.0, a user on my site can see and use the self-registration form, and that user does receive an email giving him or her the login info, etc.

However, if a user fails to fill out one of the 3 required fields, I cannot find a way to use the plugin to inform the user that they failed to properly fill out the form. And I cannot get the plugin to show the user a page thanking him or her for filling out the form.

So I’m still asking: Is this behavior due to the fact the plugin isn’t ready for 4.0 yet?

#78 2005-09-06 07:09:06

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

Version 0.5 has been released with the following fixes/improvements:

• Verified support with Textpattern 4.
  • Added user-side profile support. Tags txp:mem_change_password_form, txp:mem_user_edit_form
  • Fixed self-reg form so warning messages appear if a field is left blank. Tags txp:mem_user_warn, txp:mem_email_warn, txp:mem_name_warn
  • Added Installation Wizard and updated plugin description to mention install in help.

Plugin Info Page

#79 2005-09-06 10:40:54

creativesplash
Website

Hey this is great news! Can this be extended to connect to a different user database? [Jeremy Amos (<a href=“http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?id=8799”>ign_password_protect</a>) is working on a version which includes authenticates users based on a separate database] Can we change a few values so users are automatically added to an alternative database? If Yes, how do we do it.

Secondly, Running the installer gives me the following error <code>Fatal error: Call to undefined function doWrap() in C:\HOME\NEW SERVER\xampp\htdocs\testpattern\textpattern\lib\txplib_misc.php(429) : eval()’d code on line 240</code> (I’m using 4.0)

My diagnostics..
<blockquote>
Textpattern version: 4.0 (r789)
last_update: 2005-09-06 10:37:24/2005-08-14 15:27:28
Document root: C:/HOME/NEW SERVER/xampp/htdocs (C:\HOME\NEW SERVER\xampp\htdocs)
$path_to_site: C:\HOME\NEW SERVER\xampp\htdocs\testpattern
Textpattern path: C:\HOME\NEW SERVER\xampp\htdocs\testpattern\textpattern
Permanent link mode: messy
upload_tmp_dir: .;C:\HOME\NEW SERVER\xampp\tmp
Temp folder: C:\HOME\NEW SERVER\xampp\htdocs\testpattern\textpattern\tmp
Site URL: localhost/testpattern
PHP version: 5.0.3
Register globals: 1
Magic quotes: 1/0
MySQL: 4.1.10
Locale: English_United Kingdom.1252
Server: Apache/2.0.53 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.0.53 OpenSSL/0.9.7e PHP/5.0.3
Apache version: Apache/2.0.53 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.0.53 OpenSSL/0.9.7e PHP/5.0.3

.htaccess file contents: ————————————
  1. DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
  2. Options +FollowSymLinks
  3. RewriteBase /relative/web/path/

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d RewriteRule ^(.+) – [PT,L]

RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php </IfModule> ———————————— </blockquote>

“Take a point, stretch it into a line, curl it into a circle, twist it into a sphere, and punch through the sphere.”

— Albert Einstein

#80 2005-09-06 14:14:59

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

Redownload the plugin. I forgot to include taghandlers, since another plugin I have installed was already doing that. It should work now.

I’ve been in contact with Jeremy about his plugin. When he officially releases support for the alternate database, then I will too. ;-)

#81 2005-09-06 15:33:48

loid

I don’t know if it has anything to do with having just upgraded to Textpattern 4.0.1, but I can’t get the plugin to work (0.5.1). The additional tabs are there in my admin preferences, but I can’t get the form to send out email, and the warnings don’t show up anywhere if the fields are left blank.

In the previous version of the plugin, using Textpattern 4.0, the warning fields also would not appear. But in that version, the email was sent correctly.

Wish I could provide more of a clue what’s wrong, but even in debugging mode I’m not seeing anything specific to the plugin. I ran the install wizard a couple of times, but it didn’t make any difference.

Last edited by loid (2005-09-06 15:34:20)

#82 2005-09-06 17:43:20

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

Delete your form “self_register_form” and then rerun the installer for the plugin. It will create a default “self_register_form”. I have a feeling that this will fix the problems you are having. The new version fixed a bug where the email would be sent even if the form was not filled out properly.

#83 2005-09-06 17:50:15

creativesplash
Website

Thank you very much! It works fine now. I am really looking forward for the next version. Good luck with it!

Regards,
Vasanth

“Take a point, stretch it into a line, curl it into a circle, twist it into a sphere, and punch through the sphere.”

— Albert Einstein

#84 2005-09-07 14:29:27

igner
Plugin Author

> Manfre wrote:

I’ve been in contact with Jeremy about his plugin. When he officially releases support for the alternate database, then I will too. ;-)

Consider it officially released ;-)

And then my dog ate my badger, and the love was lost.

Board footer