Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#85 2005-05-15 10:31:12

larf
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] vdh_flickr

Now, that’s strange…both that it stopped working with 0.8beta5 and that individual images did not even work with 0.7.X.

I’m on a little holiday right now, and I’m using my neighbour’s modem internet connection to check mails once a day, so there is not much I can do right now. I’ll get back to you as soon as I’m home Sunday next week.

I’m sure we can make it work for both of you. Some things did not work for Andreas, until we found out that it was due to the php configuration of his host. We successfully worked around it and I hope it will be possible to do the same for you.

#86 2005-05-27 15:32:32

macsepp
Website

The Tag structure is weird for this plug-in. I don’t get much to work…
I would overthink the tag semantics so they fit to the whole tag concept of txp.

Textpattern loves me, and I love textpattern.

#87 2005-05-27 17:29:26

larf
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I’m not an expert concerning usability, so could you specify more exactly what is weird about the tag structure of this plugin?*

*This is not meant to be offensive, I really don’t know!

Last edited by larf (2005-05-27 17:30:06)

#88 2005-05-29 23:17:18

larf
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hello!

There seems to be a problem running vdh_flickr on some hosts, for example barclay.textdrive.com.

The error is strange:

IE/Win shows the text “This page cannot be displayed. The requested page is not available at the moment…” (translated from German)

In Firefox I get a blank page with this source code:
<code>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN”><html><head><title></title></head><body></body></html>
</code>

Safari tells me:
Safari can’t open the page “http://test.net/photo/?set=123456&img=12345678” because it could not load any data from this location.

Curl gives:
<code>
somehost:~ someuser$ curl -I —get -d set=123456 -d img=12345678 http://test.net/photo/
curl: (52) Empty reply from server
</code>

This kind of error makes debugging very difficult. As I cannot reproduce the error, I cannot find out how to resolve it.

In order to get rid of this, I need to get access to a machine which does not work, for example barcley. SSH or FTP would be ideal, but a textpattern installation in a subdirectory would also do.

Is this a strange thing to ask? I already asked this question to two people, but they never replied. I don’t know why, because textpattern in a subdir should be set up in ten minutes, and there’s nothing I can destroy, or am I wrong with this assumption?

Well, any help is appreciated. I really would like to make this work on all possible hosts.

#89 2005-05-30 16:23:57

blumie607
Website

Maybe you should email jason and see if he can set you up a test account.

bludrop studios .::. Creative Expression

#90 2005-05-30 18:01:44

larf
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I dropped him a message. But I wouldn’t be mad at him if he didn’t accept. In my opinion, we users should be able to help each other with our problems.

There are people who could have given me access to an empty txp installation, and I don’t know why this did not happen.

EDIT:
Jason set up a test account for me. Very quickly and friendly. So I hope I will be successful to remove the strange bug that occured on barclay.

EDIT2:
I just installed vdh_flickr 0.8beta5, and everything seems to work.

<a href=“http://vdhflickr.textdriven.com/”>http://vdhflickr.textdriven.com/</a>

Account information:
Textpattern version: 1.0rc3
PHP version: 5.0.3
Magic quotes: 0/0
Locale: en_GB.UTF-8
Server: Apache

So maybe the people who had trouble (misterk?) should check whether everything else is working. Or if they changed something on barclay. Or contact me to talk about the details.

EDIT3:
@Freigeist: The problem you described above is a bug in the plugin. In my mind I put it in the “does not work with barclay”-folder, I don’t know why. This will be removed in the next version. I should have seen this earlier, sorry.

Last edited by larf (2005-05-30 21:58:20)

#91 2005-05-31 19:54:18

larf
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Now there is version 0.8beta6 online, which has Freigeist’s bug (and some others) removed.

There is one litttle new feature, that is show the latest photos. Use like this:
<code>
<txp:vdh_flickr_thumbnails nsid=“43973976@N00” latest=“4” show_slideshow_link=“0” />
</code>

latest=4 means show the latest 4 pics. The Slideshow link does not work yet, so I switched it off in the example. This can be seen live on my page as Demo2.

#92 2005-06-04 02:39:50

txarly
Website

Hello everybody,

I can’t make this plugin work… I’ve just installed 0.8beta6 version and tried the plug’n play mode. I’m running TXP 1.0rc3 and PHP 4.3.11. Could you help me? This is my blog and this is where the flickr picks should appear

Thanks

Carlos Cuellar
blog: carloscuellar.net
mail: hola[at]carloscuellar[dot]net

#93 2005-06-04 03:47:42

misterk
Website

Ok larf – I installed the update, and now instead of giving a goofball ‘page could not be loaded’ error, clicking on the link to an individual photo (for instance this one) redirects you to the set page.

update: actually, this might be the way firefox handles the same goofball error, because clicking on that link from the textpattern form doesn’t do anything, same as clicking on it from the set page does at my site.

Last edited by misterk (2005-06-04 03:49:16)

#94 2005-06-04 13:18:06

larf
Archived Plugin Author
Website

txarly: Did <code><txp:vdh_flickr_show_nsid email="testtest.de” /></code> work for you?

@misterk:
I’ve got vdh_flickr 0.8beta6 installed flawlessly on my barcley test account using a plain txp rc3 installation from the zip file provided on textpattern.com.

See http://vdhflickr.textdriven.com.

So as we are using the same server, same txp version and same vdh_flickr version, something else must be wrong. Maybe you can mail me all the plugins you use, so I can install them, too, and see if anything collidates with some special plugin enabled.

Maybe you could test the same thing again with all other plugins disabled.

#95 2005-06-04 13:44:00

larf
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I’ve just released stable version 0.7.2 which should remove problems that occurred on hosts with the php option enable_globals = on.

0.8beta versions already have this fix since some time.

#96 2005-06-04 23:29:30

txarly
Website

Hi larf,

I tried to use the tag with the mail, but it didn’t work… and I also disabled all the plugins I use, but I still get that blank page. Should I use any special form for the flickr section? Maybe the problem is the template I’m using right now (txp rin)

Carlos Cuellar
blog: carloscuellar.net
mail: hola[at]carloscuellar[dot]net

Board footer