Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#469 2007-01-06 17:39:04

ralph

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] vdh_flickr

@nardo:
No, it is only possible to show 10 random images of a set.

@inakit:
Would you please post your complete vdh_flickr_thumbnails tag and all your vdh_flickr related forms?

#470 2007-01-08 08:45:35

inakit

Let see if I copy the right bits, thanks for your time .
Inaki
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
http://belver.net/ultimasImagenes
THis is the article :

<txp:vdh_flickr_thumbnails nsid=”$nsid” latest=“20” thumbnails_form=”_previewImagesUltimas” img_form=”_image” set_preview_size=‘m’ thumbnail_size=‘s’ img_size=‘n’ />

THis is the form:_previewImagesUltimas

<div class=“tzumnavega”> <h2> <span class=“tzum”> Últimas Imagenes </span> </h2> </div>
<div class=“flickrset”> <txp:vdh_flickr_thumbnails_list /> </div>
This how I print the article :

<div id=“SetContenedorImages”>

<txp:article_custom form=”_article” limit=“1” category=“ultimas” section=“ultimasImagenes” sortby=“Posted” sortdir=“desc” />
</div>

THis is the form:_image

<div class=“tzumnavega”> <h2> <span class=“tzum”> <txp:vdh_flickr_img_set_link> <txp:vdh_flickr_img_set_title />
</txp:vdh_flickr_img_set_link> | </span>

Ref: <txp:vdh_flickr_img_title /> </h2> </div>
<div class=“capindividual”> </div>

<div class=“individual”> <div class=“image”> <txp:vdh_flickr_img_link> <txp:vdh_flickr_img_naked /> </txp:vdh_flickr_img_link> </div>

<div class=“tags”>
<span class=“bbb”> REF: <txp:vdh_flickr_img_title /> </span>
<br/>
<span class=“bbb”>Fecha: </span> <txp:vdh_flickr_img_date_taken />
<br/>
<txp:vdh_flickr_img_if_description>
<p> <span class=“bbb”>Descripción: </span> <txp:vdh_flickr_img_description /> </p>
</txp:vdh_flickr_img_if_description>
<br/>
<span class=“bbb”>Tags relacionadas: </span> <txp:vdh_flickr_img_tags wraptag=“ul” break=“li” />
</div>

<div class=“fotonext”>
<txp:vdh_flickr_img_previous label=“Anterior”> &larr; Anterior </txp:vdh_flickr_img_previous>
<txp:vdh_flickr_img_next label=“Siguiente”> Siguiente &rarr; </txp:vdh_flickr_img_next>
</div>

</div>
<div class=“botindividual”> </div>
<div style=“clear:both;”></div>

Last edited by inakit (2007-01-08 08:50:01)

#471 2007-01-09 14:43:13

ralph

Ah, ok I see why it does not display set information.

The plugin is not able to discover whether an image is included in a set. So usually you must tell this information to the plugin. Unfortunately, this does only make sense if you are displaying a certain set. The latest images might be included in a number of sets, so it is impossible to configure this manually.

I may fix this in a next version, but don’t expect anything new before May 07. It seems like I’ll be very busy for the next months.

#472 2007-01-18 19:54:50

aswihart
Website

Ralph,
Thank you for your continued support of this great plugin (maybe the best txp plugin ever made).

I have a suggestion for your future development, also with regards to the latest thumbnails:

Can you make a tag for the latest thumbnails (equivalent to txp:vdh_flickr_thumbnails latest=“x”) but like txp:vdh_flickr_set_list – a static display separate from the set / thumbnails / image forms?

Currently, I will leave my page in disarray to display the issue. I am able to get the latest thumbs displayed fine on the set_form of my main vdh_flickr photo page, but everything goes to hell on the thumbnails page as txp:vdh_flickr_thumbnails_list (in my thumbnails_form for vdh_flickr_thumbnails) calls up not only the latest images but all the images in the current set, duplicating the intended output of thumbnails. Then when you get to an image page, everything is magically back to normal, as I have defined a blank form for the img_form.

Maybe I should just use a different, simple flickr rss plugin for this purpose, but I would like to be able to just stick to one flickr plugin.

Thanks for your attention,
Andrew

Last edited by aswihart (2007-01-18 21:47:14)

#473 2007-01-19 13:12:01

ralph

Sorry, I’ll be too busy until the end of April or beginning of May. I won’t be able to code anything for vdh_flickr until then.

#474 2007-01-19 13:30:15

aswihart
Website

I understand that Ralph, we all have actual jobs and lives away from the computer. Just a suggestion if you get back to it at some point.

#475 2007-01-21 16:41:46

aswihart
Website

A quick one Ralph:

Any idea why my txp:vdh_flickr_image_date_taken just displays “since”? I’m not getting an actual date for any of my photos.

#476 2007-01-22 15:52:22

ralph

Sorry, it was broken somehow. There is version 0.8.9 online which fixes the problem. It shows the date in the Archive date format (Admin -> Preferences -> Archive date format).

#477 2007-01-22 16:36:38

aswihart
Website

awesome, thanks again!

#478 2007-01-22 22:29:35

aswihart
Website

Ralph,
That is a nice touch that you go by the admin pref’s setting for the posted format, but to my surprise, the choices leave a bit to be desired!

Can I edit the code to customize the date? The admin preferences have almost every option but the one I want, which would look like: Jan 22 2007, 5:30 PM.

Thanks again, this plugin gets better everyday I keep adding all the features you have included.

Andrew

Last edited by aswihart (2007-01-22 22:57:46)

#479 2007-01-23 07:20:00

ralph

Yes, you can pass a format string like this: <txp:vdh_flickr_img_date_posted format="my format" />

The options are the same as for the php strftime function.

#480 2007-01-23 14:14:12

aswihart
Website

Sweet! Thank you.

Board footer