Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2005-04-03 02:30:05

icubyx

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rdt_dynamenus - automatic section and article menus

I too am using RC1 and the added code doesn’t work for me. I get this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $end in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\txp\textpattern\publish.php(767) : eval()’d code on line 535

only change is constant

#14 2005-04-03 02:31:33

icubyx

I too am using RC1 and the added code doesnt work for me either. I get this error:

“Parse error: parse error, unexpected $end in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\txp\textpattern\publish.php(767) : eval()’d code on line 535”

Any clues that help?

only change is constant

#15 2005-04-03 02:33:10

icubyx

I too am using RC1 and the added code doesn’t work for me. I too get some parse error….unexpected end….
Any clues that may help? I’m a dummy at coding..

only change is constant

#16 2005-04-03 03:15:51

marios
Archived Plugin Author

I see 3 cubes that say “I too……”,How strange,
I’m not sure if this is a halluszination or a PunBB Bug again.

Anyhow,I think I better go to bed now.

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#17 2005-04-03 18:23:01

Anton
Plugin Author
Website

i get it to work but it automatically selects the latest article in each list. is this the expected behaviour? i’m on rc3.

#18 2005-04-03 18:25:23

Anton
Plugin Author
Website

(seems like editing doesn’t work here..?)

i forgot to add that i meant “…when viewing the start page for each section”.

#19 2005-04-03 18:48:19

Anton
Plugin Author
Website

btw, could you please make sure the links are wrapped in a double quotation mark (“”) and not a single (‘’)? the same goes for the class=active thing that misses the quotes.

oh, and one last thing: i’m using class=“current” on everything else, could you add an attribute like active: active; (where one could change that to something else)? would be awesome :)

did i say i like thie plugin a lot? i did, didn’t i? ;)

#20 2005-04-05 09:34:49

nils73
Website

I’ve been looking for a plugin that does exactly what your plugin does. Awesome! For the last 6 weeks I have been in contact with a programmer whom I asked to create a plugin that can handle main-navigation and sub-navigation, maybe even sub-sub-navigation by using section, article and article 2 … but now it is here. Great!

Thank you.

Nils

#21 2005-04-08 15:38:56

rdtietjen
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Sorry, I some of the posts on my rdt_dynamenus plugin. It’s nice to know that they fill the same need for others as for me.

nils73:
I wonder what and how an article 2nd level would look like and work.

anton:
i will add an active parameter that defaults to active to both functions
<code> ‘active’ => ‘active’,
</code>
and wrap quotes around $active.

I don’t follow your other request to use double quotes however. single quoted attributes are valid XML and single quotes allow me to use convenient variable interpolation, like so.

<code> $tagatts[] = ($s == $sect) ? “ class=’$active’” : “”; </code>

anton: also, yes it’s expected behavior for a section to select the topmost article. Normally, that’s the latest article but you can control that with the sortby and sortdir attributes. If you display multiple articles in the center content div then you must also ensure they sort in the same sequence in which case you may need to use the chh_article_custom plugin to get that kind of control.

tranquillo: so don’t do that. remember that section names appear in the URL and the ampersand would indicate a CGI parameter. I’ve used it like so “golf_tournament” here at http://spiritofcj.org

harryv: this plugin does lots that section_list does not. for 2 instance, it lets you specify a special section as the “home” section and puts it at the top of the list. It tags the currently selected section with a class=active attribute so you can write CSS to highlight or underline the current section. In general it’s designed to enable a self-configuring, self-maintaining so-called static website. You create a new section and bang, it’s on the menu. add a new article to a section and bang, it’s on the menu. Read the docs.

Michael_art: Did you solve your messy URL problem? If not, perhaps you need to adjust your .htaccess file. when using a subdirectory i’ve found it necessary to adjust the rewrite rule. You may need to say
<code><RewriteRule (.*) /home/michael/public_html/index.php
/code>

andjules: I don’t visualize how categories work. I won’t follow up on your suggestion, until I think i need 3-dimensional menus.

TV? Buglight for humans.

#22 2005-04-08 15:57:14

davidm

Great plugin, will certainly try it as it will greatly help simplify things :)

.: Retired :.

#23 2005-04-20 13:03:47

Anton
Plugin Author
Website

thanks for your response rdtietjen, i didn’t notice them until now :)

as for double quotes: depending on the DOCTYPE, it’s sometimes valid, sometimes not. sticking to double quotes leaves this up to the site owner to decide, which was also the only thing i was after.

looking forward to 0.4…

#24 2005-04-22 10:14:27

marios
Archived Plugin Author

I am experimenting with rdt_dynamenus for my news site template.
Well it perfectly suits my needs,I have a question about this.
I am using the rdt_article menu tag for my sidelinks.Well everything works precisely as expected and exactly the way I had planned it except one thing.
For each article sidelink I would like to display an excerpt summary of the corresponding article(not more then 25 words count)below each link and allso be able to apply a class to it.)
Because I’m new to textpattern I’ll ask first this:Is that something that I could achieve in combination with existing TXP tags,or does the plug in need to be hacked in to allow excerpts.
(Basically from generated XHTML that would make more sense then with definition lists.)
It would be nice to see this wunderfull plug in with more features,
Is there any hack technique that can be used?

regards,marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

Board footer