Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#97 2005-04-18 12:27:12

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] sgb_url_handler - support all url variations at the same time

sgb – Sounds good. Looking forward to the next release.

One more thing…I seem to ba having a problem using rss_suparchive with /year, /year/month and /year/month/day URLs. Your plugin is picking this up as an invalid URL and returning a 404.

Is this something that I will be able to work around in the next version?

#98 2005-04-18 12:32:09

andreas
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] sgb_url_handler - support all url variations at the same time

I’m also having this problem. Would love to have these two great plugins working together.

#99 2005-04-18 23:26:19

sungodbiff
Archived Plugin Author
Website

All -

0.1.7 is almost ready. I’m tweaking. I want to make sure I cover all the bases before releasing this beast unto the world (beast may be a bit strong, but it’s got a couple of new features that will hopefully make the wait worth while!).

- sgb

#100 2005-04-19 07:28:17

andreas
Website

It certainly sounds worthwhile!

#101 2005-04-19 12:57:04

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

sgb – Another question. Will the new version support URLs in example.com/section/id format? This resolves the same as example.com/section/id/title in the base TXP code but your plugin returns a 404. Thanks! Can’t wait to see the new version.

Oh and also, was there a 0.1.6 that I missed? The last version I found was 0.1.5.

#102 2005-04-19 22:37:18

sungodbiff
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Wilshire -

0.1.7 supports custom URLs, so it’ll support anything you can throw at it (in theory)!

0.1.6 exists but I never released it, 0.1.7 was started so quickly I figured it wouldn’t be worth it to release them back-to-back.

:)

- sgb

#103 2005-04-20 03:33:16

greenrift
Archived Plugin Author
Website

sgb – how do your per section URL scheme’s work? I’ve hacked up (quite lightly actually) the latest revisions of RC3 to allow for different section’s to have different URL schemes, and also have the ability to change the scheme from the Section administration. I was hoping to be able to remove all the hacked portions of publish.php (obviously the administration stuff would remain. But it’s about three lines of new code and an small function), and just use a custom permlinkurl function.

#104 2005-04-20 08:09:32

osei
Plugin Author
Website

greenrift, you might want to look at mic_permlink, but to edit it per section sounds really nice too, instead of different articleforms for each section

Johan Nilsson

#105 2005-04-21 00:34:19

rbl

SGB, first of all thanks for the plugin, it’s a life saver! =)

I would like to ask something you refer in this thread’s first page, the “about/this-site/this-site” example. On my site I have a category structure that is repeated in every section. Something like: Section1
  • CatA
  • CatB
  • CatC
Section2
  • CatA
  • CatB
  • CatC

In each section, there’s only one article per category and it has the same URL-only title as the category name. So mysite/Section1/CatA and mysite/Section1/CatA/CatA show exactly the same content.

When I hit mysite/Section1/ I see all articles submitted in that section but mysite/CatA/ shows me the article that has CatA as URL-only title and not all articles in category CatA across sections.

Is there any way to change this so that it only looks for article URL-only title names after looking for a match in category names?

Thanks! =)

#106 2005-04-21 04:09:43

sungodbiff
Archived Plugin Author
Website

greenrift –

0.1.7 (the often discuss but never seen) has a configuration section where you can specify specific URL schemes for specific sections. This is used for responding to URLs, not writing them. It would be pretty easy to reference the same configuration for writing URLs. Depending on time, etc. I got some ideas for some URL writing functions, maybe if micampe up for co-developing one we can put together an update to mic_permlink.

rbl -

If I’m understanding you correctly you’re using my hacks to add support for example.com/section/category/url-title URLs. And when you’re viewing a category listing you’re only seeing posts which have a url-title?

I think that might be a RC3 related issue. I know awhile back there were a few releases where the update script didn’t properly add url-titles for articles that didn’t have them. In theory all articles in TxP should have url-titles now. I’ll poke around the forum a bit tomorrow evening after I get to the hotel (I’m doing some travelling) and see if I can find the info. There may be some alterations to the code, but my hacks don’t really affect how URLs are generated, they just added a mode.

- sgb

#107 2005-04-21 19:11:02

rbl

Yes, something like that… I’ll try to explain a little better. I’ll use years and months because it’s easier to understand but the “Permanent link mode” is “/section/category/title”

Imagine this:
  • You create three sections one for each year between 2001 and 2003.
  • You create 12 categories, one for each month of the year (“January”, “February”, “etc”).
  • You then create 12 articles, name them after the months (“January”, “February”, “etc”) and post them under each appropriate category in all sections.

Hitting yoursite/2001/ will show you the 12 articles within that section but yoursite/January/ will show you only one article, because TXP will not list the category but rather the first article with that URL-only title.

Like you said, this might be a TXP related issue but I really don’t know.
Hope it’s clearer now =) Thanks for your help!!

Ricardo

Last edited by rbl (2005-04-21 19:11:50)

#108 2005-04-22 12:20:59

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

sgb – Any idea when you’ll be ready to release the newest version? I’ve got some pretty big problems I need to work out with my site before the reboot deadline of 5/1. I’d be happy to help test if you need it.

Board footer