Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2005-03-24 08:22:23

davidm

Re: A textile "user-friendly" Editor ?

tmacwrig wrote: Okay, here’s one idea. How about an editor which combines textile and the preview all in one form? Within a set number of words from the cursor, text will appear with Textile formatting exposed, and beyond that, it’s rendered. Use a similar method as the Blogger editor and some liveRequests to make it work.

I see that this thread is repaired and back (seems images break PunBB 1.1).

What a great idea ! I could be an alternate solution to the editor thing :)

.: Retired :.

#50 2005-03-24 08:24:46

davidm

> Geary wrote: Yeah, page 2 is messed up somehow. I can get to it once in a rare while. So if anyone sees this… David, I’m glad you like the TextBar. (BTW, it’s JavaScript, not Java.) If no one else ports it to Textpattern I will. It was next on my list after Drupal anyway; I just needed it for Drupal for a site at work. Maybe this weekend if I get some time—it looks really easy, just a few lines added to txp_article.php.

That would be great, too bad this thread was broken, I would have gotten back to you sooner !

Have you read the comments on the <code><b></code> versus <code><em></code> thing, idem for italics ? Would it be hard to modify (I guess not) ? Ahhh, semantics…

#51 2005-03-24 13:21:54

hakjoon
Website

I modified WP’s quicktags to spit out textile. I was going to add a Textbar mode since some people liked the way Textbar would drop in the place holder text when nothing was selected as opposed to how quicktags work where it inserts opening tags and then closing tags. I was going to turn into a public side plugin and was waiting for 1.0 to do an admin side hack but now I’ll probably just make it a Admin side plugin.

Unfortunately I have been swamped with work and have not been able to really get a chance to work on it. I have a pure javascript implementation spitting out textile tags if someone wants to use it on their site before I get a chance to package it as a plugin.

text-tags

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#52 2005-03-24 13:26:44

davidm

Admin-side plugin will rock :-)
In the meantime, thx a lot for the link !

:-))

#53 2005-04-07 03:28:21

marios
Archived Plugin Author

I think that this is a wonderfull Idea,I am allso convinced,that under normal circumstances it would be very difficult to make any potential clients understand the textile syntax,and I just tried it myself about two days ago,and I was wondering why in Christ’s name does textile wrap everything in paragraph’s if I don’t wan’t it,until I found out that I ommitted the space after the textile markup.(Well,I didn’t read the manual,but anyway),so such a GUI integrated in tp would just be the perfect solution.

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#54 2005-04-07 07:51:22

davidm

Marios : good news !
The plugin has been released by hakjoon, you can find it here
hak_textile_tags

Also, mary has worked on another project : upm_quicktags

Enjoy :)

Board footer