Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#97 2005-04-22 18:51:38

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_thumbpop - Thumbnail Image Gallery w/ popups

Yeah, I figured. Just givin’ ya a hard time.

#98 2005-04-24 12:45:35

ramblingwebgirl
Website

Hi. I saw on a previous post where someone asked about removing the caption from the popup, but keeping it displayed under the thumbnail. I’m interested in the opposite…

How do you remove the caption from the thumbnail, but keep it posted on the popup?

I’m a designer not a programer :) .

Thanks in advance!

#99 2005-04-24 17:36:09

skoggy
Website

Thank you wilshire! Great plugin. Had to scratch my head more than a few times to make it work exactly the way I wanted. But that´s all behind me now… :)

Keep up the good work!

#100 2005-04-24 17:41:57

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

ramblingwebgirl – Just set showcaption=“0” and the caption will not display below the thumbnail but it will on the popup.

#101 2005-04-25 00:42:42

ramblingwebgirl
Website

Thank you so much Wilshire. I originally put showcaption in the section tag rather then changing it in the script which is why I couldn’t get it to work. It’s working now though and it’s brilliant. Great work!

#102 2005-04-28 21:57:46

s1deus

Hey Rob, I have installed and used your plugin with great success. HoweverI have a porblem with the, I forgot what you called it, “Next” buttons appearing in the thumbnails. I have the thumbnails set to 16 images max but when I add a 17th the “next” button that appears takes me to a imageless page.

I am using the article feature so I have 16 images showing per article page, however I would like to show more. Thus, I need the “Next” buttons. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong or how I can get this to work the way I need it to?

I hope I made sense.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

#103 2005-05-01 20:06:47

danielk

I seem to be having issues with pagination as well. Upgraded over the top of the previous version, renamed the thumbpop.php file so it wouldn’t interfere, and hit refresh. Page looked the same except ‘next’ is gone. The page limit works, except now everything over my limit is unreachable. Attempted to disable the pagination, and use txp tags, still no dice. also, i tried just the rss_thumbpop tag with limit=6, still got no love.

Any ideas? Did i kill something, or like before, take something too literal? or possibly a glitch?

#104 2005-05-01 20:57:35

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

And the winner is…..a glitch!

The download is updated to 0.5.1 and the paging seems to work again.

#105 2005-05-01 21:04:12

danielk

I have to say that’s the fastest response to darn near anything I’ve ever seen. Thank you very much. Got the updated version loaded, and all is cool.

Thanks again!

edit

Umm, minor problem, Now fullontop & clickonly dont work. Changing the value doesnt make a difference to the string.

edit

I’m sorry, I’m gonna go crawl in hole now, smart quotes were smarter than I. Everything works great.

Last edited by danielk (2005-05-01 23:21:50)

#106 2005-05-02 03:54:23

rbl

Humm.. just installed the 051 version and there are a few things that are not working at all or properly.
Allcats option, when using it, I always get “No images found”.
thumbpop.php is no longer needed: the pop-ups are loading the articles matching the image’s ID and addpermlink options make no difference at all.

On a side note, is it possible to exclude a category when using allcats? I’m submitting products to the products category and would not like to see them listed alongside the other photos!

Thanks =)

#107 2005-05-02 04:01:47

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

rbl – can you post the way you’re calling the tag?

#108 2005-05-02 04:03:09

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

The newest version of the rss_thumbpop plugin contains a slew of changes and enhancements. Its now capable of displaying full size images in popups or on the same page. The functionality offered by the plugin has essentially more than doubled since the last release so be sure to check out all the new features.

Download rss_thumbpop 0.5.1

Version 0.5.1

• Added divpop, jpop, showblank, blankimg, clickonly, usearticle, catfield, addpermlink, fullontop, allcats, showalt.
  • Added orderby alt + random
  • thumbpop.php is no longer needed when using pagepop mode. It is handled by the plugin.

Board footer