Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#11 2020-08-28 01:28:36

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Stay logged in across multiple Safari tabs

gaekwad wrote #325587:

Also, ditch Chrome and try Chromium – same engine, less Google. I’ll dig out the repo link where I got mine from, works just fine.

Just a FWIW (I intended to mention that earlier, i then slipped my mind). Chromium build do not auto-update nor do they have an update mechanism. You have to fetch them manually.

Download page where the above flagged issue is noted:

Chromium builds do not auto-update, and do not have symbols.

When I need to test something on Chromium type browsers, I use Opera ‘cuz it is the less “bad” port overall (level of ugliness, intrusivity,…). I tried MS Edge Mac port for a while but that is really poop in terms of UI.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?

#12 2020-08-28 08:56:05

gaekwad
Admin

phiw13 wrote #325636:

Chromium build do not auto-update nor do they have an update mechanism. You have to fetch them manually.

Good point. I’ve never been entirely happy with the way MacOS/Chrome updates, installing its own background ksfetch binary instead of using something like Sparkle or similar that checks on startup.

(That said, it’s been a while since I used Chrome in anger, so the ksfetch stuff might have changed or gone away.)

#13 2020-08-28 16:33:16

colak
Admin
Website

After using FF for some years as my main browser, I recently moved to Brave for certain sites as I found that FF’s latest version does not perform as expected. I am experiencing delays when editing online docs, or changing the position of the cursor for example. Brave is Chromium based and with the addition of privacy badger, and a couple of other plugins, I feel that I’ve built my self an acceptably secure cage.

Yiannis
——————————
neme.org | hblack.net | LABS | State Machines | NeMe @ github | Covid-19; a resource
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

Board footer