2. » Archives
  3. » Corona virus

#301 2021-06-05 17:20:06

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Corona virus

Destry wrote #330367:

I hadn’t actually read your article yet, Stef, but I will.

No sweat, and thank you. Hardly anybody has time for longform anyway. Oh, drat, there goes my attention bias :D

If anything, I’m speaking to the opposite side of the fence, those seemingly trying hard to convince others not to get vaccinated.

Yep. I see both sides. It is a tricky decision. But it should be a personal decision, not one borne of fear, and certainly not one the state and the media should be making on our behalf. When McCullough talks of the number of deaths that are directly attributed to the vaccine, it’s likely that a large bunch of those people should not have been given/offered it.

The list of contraindications, along with the “we don’t know what this is going to do as it’s all new to us too” disclaimer means that if someone does die fairly soon afterwards, big pharma can turn around and say:

1. We didn’t force you to have it (which is true: the media and governments did that bit through panic).
  2. We said it’s only X% effective and there’s an element of risk. Look, you signed.
  3. Oh, the autopsy shows you had such-and-such. We listed that as a possible problem, so you shouldn’t have taken it.

The drug companies are in the clear. The problem is that we’re facing untold pressure by the media and leaders that everyone needs it and that if you don’t have the shot, you won’t be able to do anything in society until you do. So, out of fear, people who should not be taking the vaccine due to pre-existing complications are doing so. People who have had covid or already have some form of antibody or natural immuno resistance are doing so.

This practice of course fuels the naysayers: “Everyone’s dying, stop the programme! The vaccine is killing people!” But that’s only half the story. Yes, it might be true, but the programme is probably fine if it’s done carefully and with a person’s best interests at heart, taking into account their full medical history.

That is simply not being done. Everything’s being rushed. Eighteen months of FUD have thrown rational thought out of the window. And people will die either of covid or of the vaccine because of it.

With every day that passes and every few hundred more people who buckle and take the shot when they’re unsure, and every threat surfacing in the media of how many things you won’t be allowed to do without the shot, and how many variants there are that might kill you, and how many new cases (not necessarily deaths) of such-and-such a strain have been discovered, and blah blah, people are being scared into not only giving up their right to choose the shot (or not) rationally, but their future rights regarding their data too.

News surfaced yesterday in The Guardian of how the UK government are resurrecting the failed care.data programme to pool citizens’ health data. The database schema I saw of a similar venture around the time was an absolute joke from a privacy and storage viewpoint, and I remember sending back a lengthy and rather critical review of it to the subcontractors who put it together. I hardly doubt things have improved if the type of contractor the government entrusted couldn’t put a cohesive schema together back then.

Worse, UK citizens have a shade over three weeks to opt out (link in the article) before their data is scraped automatically from their GP records, with implied consent being the default stance. Ha! Where’s the GDPR when you need it? Oh yeah, they probably rewrote that bit during Brexit while we were all distracted.

Everything is rush rush rush, panic panic panic. And I worry worry worry that there aren’t enough people who can (or are willing to, or even able to without their views being suppressed) raise their hand and go, “Hang on a minute…”

Last edited by Bloke (2021-06-05 17:23:18)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#302 2021-07-01 13:34:25

zero
Website

The War on Reality examines the contradictions between the justifications and the actual effects of most Pandemic policies. US-centred but applies to most countries because this is globally orchestrated by the Big Brothers (who will stab each other in the back for a bit more power, so there’s always hope :-|)

The article doesn’t mention why the Big Brothers are doing what they’re doing. IMHO, it has a whole lot to do with genome harvesting which will no doubt help good people with a conscience to do some remarkably beneficial things, but will also be used by the criminals with the power for their evil ego excesses.

Humanity hasn’t grown up enough to play God just yet. We have a lot of history that proves it. Combustion engine — great idea but totally out of control pollution and consequences. Plastics — same wonderful inventions but same negative outcome that the rush for profits WILL NEVER consider. There are many other bleeding edge scientific “solutions” that need wisdom, co-operation and ethics to be topmost priority and right at the centre if they are to become to great steps for humanity that they promise to be.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#303 2021-07-01 14:29:58

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

A great, well-researched article, thanks for sharing. Seems it’s not just me that thinks something is off about the scale of the reaction. That’s as scary as it is comforting.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#304 2021-07-01 15:41:57

bici
Website Mastodon

zero wrote #330863:

The War on Reality examines the contradictions between the justifications and the actual effects of most Pandemic policies.

Humanity hasn’t grown up enough to play God just yet.

Wisdom cannot be taught

…. texted postive

#305 2021-07-17 18:28:58

JimJoe
Website

I got my shots months ago. Currently only one-third of the people in the part of the U.S. I live in, are vaccinated. Over 90% of the current deaths in the US are people who refuse to get vaccinated. I find myself not feeling for them. The absurd claims here against any vaccine are indeed incredilly weird and absurd.

Several member of my family are autoimmune. That includes diabetes. Which I am, type 2.

There was polio when I was a kid. We all ate the sugar cube and got later shots, so we wouldn’t wind up in an iron lung doing our breathing for us.

I never panicked, just took precautions. Sadly, some apparently here are upset at being asked to wash their hands. I also wore a mask when required. Since so few in my state are vaccinated, and are dieing of the D variant, I have started wearing a mask again. I wash my masks, and use disenfectant on them, and wear them the next day.

Nothing to be complacent about.

#306 2021-07-18 03:48:01

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Cyprus is currently the worst in Europe and the second worse in the world as our government failed to convince younger people to vaccinate. They are now offering them free plane tickets to Greece or season tickets to football matches if they do. I strongly believe that this is due to the bubbles Google has created for them.

First you don’t hear other views. Then you can’t trust them. Your personal information network entraps you just like a cult… aeon.co/essays/why-its-as-hard-to-escape-an-echo-chamber-as-it-is-to-flee-a-cult

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#307 2021-07-18 04:23:25

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Here in the house of Amaterasu-Ōmikami, the vaccination drive is moving well with. 60+ million people have received at least one injection. The process is very smooth and fast. The same cannot be said about the decision process and management of the pandemic by the top bureaucracy and the ruling politicians. That part can only be described by arrogance and contempt.

I received a first shot last week, next one early August. I don’t look forward to that one due to known side effects – strong fever in the middle of the Japanese summer (34~36º average in the afternoon…).

On the flip side, we are saddle with that censored, censored, censored Olympic mafia horror show.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#308 2021-07-18 06:56:09

colak
Admin

phiw13 wrote #331044:

I received a first shot last week, next one early August. I don’t look forward to that one due to known side effects – strong fever in the middle of the Japanese summer (34~36º average in the afternoon…).

Which vaccine? My whole family had Pfizer and we had no side effects at all. The Cy government is now considering a 3rd dose.

Here’s another excerpt re the z-gen

People united by identity will find themselves vulnerable to misleading narratives that target precisely what brings them together. www.technologyreview.com/2021/06/30/1026338/gen-z-online-misinformation/

Yiannis
——————————

#309 2021-07-18 07:24:12

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

colak wrote #331048:

Which vaccine? My whole family had Pfizer and we had no side effects at all. The Cy government is now considering a 3rd dose.

Pfizer. Both daughter (20y, uni student med.science, in April) and wife (in May) had strong (up to 39º) fever after the second shot. That lasted two or three days. Co workers of my wife reported the same issue.

Last edited by phiw13 (2021-07-18 07:25:23)

#310 2021-07-18 09:36:43

colak
Admin

phiw13 wrote #331049:

Pfizer. Both daughter (20y, uni student med.science, in April) and wife (in May) had strong (up to 39º) fever after the second shot. That lasted two or three days. Co workers of my wife reported the same issue.

Keeping fingers crossed that your 2nd dose will be uneventful. I understand that side effects are comparatively rare. My wife and I were having D3 and C vitamins for 10 days before the vaccine. They might have helped.

Yiannis
——————————

#311 2021-07-18 09:57:02

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

colak wrote #331050:

Keeping fingers crossed that your 2nd dose will be uneventful.

thank you.

#312 2021-07-19 15:26:41

JimJoe
Website

My second dose of Pfizer caused me to sleep during the day, and some shoulder pain for a few days. Didn’t last long. About 3 days. I’m in my mid-70s.

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Corona virus

Board footer