1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Corona virus

#277 2020-10-25 17:15:09

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: Corona virus

Apologies for sounding a little forthright above but it’s not been a good few days and my patience has worn thin with talk that sounds (to me) even vaguely like it may be trivialising what is for some people a real and serious situation. I’m not saying any of you meant it, it’s just how I reacted.

I wrote a polite, considered but plain-speaking reply but lost it because I took too long. There’s a lot of distracting talk everywhere but when it comes down to it, what I really wanted to say is with all the govt/corporation/faction-bashing/espousing going on, please don’t lose focus of the simple things we can still all do at little cost or penalty to ourselves that help our fellow beings. It’s not about playing into anyone’s hands, just about respect for others. It helps even when others don’t do the same.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#278 2020-10-25 17:44:05

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Your response was very appropriate and it is shared by some of us at least. The situation sucks and instead of trying to fix it, governments are in cahoots with corporations to squeeze what’s left of us even more. C19 is not the cause but just a symptom of our way of life.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#279 2020-10-25 19:21:59

zero
Website

There’s nothing wrong with being forthright, jakob. I think everyone can see that your heart’s in the right place, and it is very important we don’t lose sight of the fact that it is a dangerous virus, especially for the vulnerable. So taking the precautions is indeed something we should all keep doing.

I disagree with you that debates about stats and underlying agendas are irrelevant. The general public needs to know that all is not what it seems. But here on this forum we are not politicians or big influencers so for all practical purposes, those debates are pretty irrelevant. But I think it’s highly likely that all of us here are taking the precautions because we don’t want to harm anyone and those good habits are probably strongly ingrained now and will remain so for a long time to come, just like crossing the road or driving carefully.

Although recent posts about German-led movements to expose the scam side of the pandemic have made me feel much more positive, I haven’t swallowed the line that the pandemic is over althoug I do agree with most other things they are saying. However, it is still a dangerous virus and you are right to remind us of the basic care and respect we should all have for each other. For me personally, it’s been ingrained in my being for a long time (mmm… except towards politicians and the powers-that-be who should know better and have put themselves in positions of loftiness that invite the rest of us to knock them off their perches :)

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#280 2020-10-26 06:50:19

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

zero wrote #326564:

Although recent posts about German-led movements to expose the scam side of the pandemic…

From Naomi Klein, March 16, via the intercept.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#281 2020-12-14 12:00:15

zero
Website

To get to the truth about the pandemic, I think this interview between Peter Breggin (breggin.com) and Peter A McCullough is as good as you’ll get. Both are now applying their vast knowledge and experience towards Covid-19, so you won’t hear conspiracy theories here, just detailed facts and understanding.

Breggin (aka the Conscience of Psychiatry) is possibly the most important person in recent years in reforming the treatment of mental illness, especially with regards to drugs.

McCullough is the world’s leading expert on heart and kidney research and, wrt opinions on covid, considers himself to be more broadly scientifically grounded than any person in the world and certainly more so than anyone in the media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxDIKsB8KfU

Watch the YouTube video

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#282 2021-01-31 08:38:30

zero
Website

Early covid treatment is fact-checked to my satisfaction. Please read it and if you can improve and promote its message, please do so. This information is hidden in plain sight and I believe our governments should have publicly broadcast this info many months ago. They have all this info at their fingertips. I have tried to get their attention and to get media attention but to no avail. I’m just a grain of sand on the beach, totally insignificant to those who trample over us.

It’s a beautiful day here, frosty with a fascinating mackerel sky and gorgeous shades of grey, blue and yellow. There’s always something to appreciate and be thankful for…

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#283 2021-03-22 21:04:55

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

Let me be clear: Labs in Wuhan might not have played any role in the origin of the pandemic. But a year later, no source has been found, and the world deserves a thorough, unbiased investigation of all plausible theories that is conducted without fear or favor. – Could an accident have caused COVID-19? Why the Wuhan lab-leak theory shouldn’t be dismissed

I wonder if we are ever going to figure out exactly what happened? I think it would be good if we did so perhaps the chances of a repeat could be minimized.

#284 2021-03-23 16:45:21

Destry
Website

michaelkpate wrote #329406:

I wonder if we are ever going to figure out exactly what happened?

I think the author’s opinion argues for what only foreign policy makers would care about at this point.

Has any global pandemic ever really been figured out to that level? Plague? AIDS? Spanish Flu? I don’t know.

We probably know more about the start of covid-19 than any pandemic before, and probably enough.

We know the virus is a cross-over (animals to humans), and very likely from bats, at first. We know we need to stop poaching and eating exotic animals. Stop incubating deadly diseases in glass tubes. Stop cutting down jungles and forests that help contain these things. Etc, etc.

And we know we need to confine, not gather en masse in the streets of Miami to party, or Marseilles to carnivale, nor to riot unmasked in country du jour in protest of corrupt elections and coups, both being quite in vogue these days.

We know vaccines need to roll out faster, and not be hoarded by the wealthy West. And we know current and former heads of governments, denying the problem and hindering solutions for the sake of capitalism, need the cement shoes tour of the Mariana Trench.

Yet we can’t seem to do even what we know needs done.

And yet, no matter what we do, there will be worse viruses under conditions impossible to predict. Epidemiologists have said this time and again. It’s just nature, even when human nature is at fault.

Maybe it’s even C19, mutating further into something more problematic, if people don’t take it more seriously. From what I see reported, we are a long way from over this pandemic, and may never be.

And the real scary part, what is less understood by most people, is that bacteria (forget about viruses) are on the verge of immunity against available antibiotics, the best we have, and the world is decades behind antibiotics research. It has the CDC and similar very concerned. They are probably as freaked out as climate scientists, but for different reasons that amount to the same; like seeing the meteor coming with nowhere to run.

#285 2021-03-23 17:15:26

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

Destry wrote #329409:

We know vaccines need to roll out faster, and not be hoarded by the wealthy West. And we know current and former heads of governments, denying the problem and hindering solutions for the sake of capitalism, need the cement shoes tour of the Mariana Trench.

Right now, the AstraZeneca Vaccine works 4 times out of 5.

A fourth COVID-19 vaccine has shown that it can protect people against the worst effects of the disease in a large United States-based trial. Two doses of AstraZeneca’s vaccine were 79 percent effective at preventing people from developing symptomatic COVID-19, according to a press release from the company today. No one in the US trial who received the vaccine was hospitalized for COVID-19, the company said. – AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine 79 percent effective in US study

And only in extremely rare cases kills the patient.

The EMA said the benefits of the vaccine far outweigh the potential risks — and pointed out that the rate of post-vaccine blood clots was actually lower than the expected rate in the general population. Now, a group of German researchers, led by professor Andreas Greinacher at the University of Greifswald, said on Friday in a statement that they believe the AstraZeneca vaccine, in some cases, prompts overactivation of platelets in the blood, which can then cause potentially deadly clots. – European Scientists Zero In On AstraZeneca Blood Clot Link

Hopefully they get the effectiveness up and the deadliness down as new versions are rolled out.

#286 2021-03-23 20:11:41

zero
Website

However…

Mainstream media has not been authorised by Publicis or any government to release this warning by a leading vaccine designer and developer

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#287 2021-03-24 09:32:31

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Interesting developments indeed, thanks for sharing.

Kinda echoes my longform sentiment. As if the world needs another opinion on this :rolleyes:

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#288 2021-03-24 12:39:52

zero
Website

Bloke wrote #329420:

Interesting developments indeed, thanks for sharing.

Kinda echoes my longform sentiment. As if the world needs another opinion on this :rolleyes:

Good article Stef. You mention Malcolm Kendrick and there’s a great video with him here about 7 videos down. The best perspective on data manipulation that I’ve seen. All videos on that NVIC conference page that I’ve watched so far are proper science mixed with common sense so I recommend them to anyone.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Corona virus

Board footer