Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#81 2019-12-11 12:53:10

philwareham
Core designer
Website

Re: Dev news

etc wrote #320444:

As you say :-) Currently the ‘previewable’ set is fixed (Title/Body/Excerpt), but this will surely change in cf branch. Which makes me think we should have a Preview link for every Textilable input rather than a common one, but it is future.

I guess we could prepare by putting preview links on both the main text area and excerpt text area. That would work. Obviously only previewing them individually. The title preview is of no real value anyway.

#82 2019-12-11 12:57:47

Bloke
Developer
Website

etc wrote #320444:

we should have a Preview link for every Textilable input rather than a common one, but it is future.

If we’re going that route, I’d rather investigate ProseMirror again and have togglable inputs on each textarea in conjunction with the Textfilter selector somehow. But, as you say, future.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#83 2019-12-11 12:59:46

Bloke
Developer
Website

philwareham wrote #320445:

The title preview is of no real value anyway.

Agreed. If we had individual previews for Body and Excerpt, that’s fine by me if you can squeeze them into the UI.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#84 2019-12-11 13:47:10

michaelkpate
Website

Just for educational purposes,

How WordPress would handle this in the Classic Editor. Users toggle back and forth between Visual and Text in the upper-right corner.

And their new Gutenberg Editor – adds a lot more features but kind of buries where you make the switch.

#85 2019-12-11 13:49:10

etc
Developer
Website

Bloke wrote #320446:

If we’re going that route, I’d rather investigate ProseMirror again and have togglable inputs on each textarea in conjunction with the Textfilter selector somehow. But, as you say, future.

Maybe the ProseMirror guy could do it, but not me. Spent two weeks trying to integrate txp tags – no way. And implementing the whole set of php-textile features is completely out of reach.

Morgen, morgen…

#86 2019-12-11 13:50:36

Bloke
Developer
Website

Man, that Gutenberg crap looks ridiculous. The toggles on the Classic editor is more how I was envisioning things here.

#87 2019-12-11 13:53:02

Bloke
Developer
Website

etc wrote #320449:

Spent two weeks trying to integrate txp tags – no way. And implementing the whole set of php-textile features is completely out of reach.

Yeah, I struggled too. There’ll be a way (somehow) to do enough of it to make a rudimentary formatting toolbar, but not the entire Textile feature set. I need to sit down and grok the builder toolset… when I have a spare few weeks to dedicate to understanding it!

#88 2019-12-11 13:53:36

etc
Developer
Website

michaelkpate wrote #320448:

How WordPress would handle this in the Classic Editor. Users toggle back and forth between Visual and Text in the upper-right corner.

And their new Gutenberg Editor – adds a lot more feature but kind of buries where you make the switch.

We has them here and there, but they suit only for basic text (no txp tags or advanced Textile).

#89 2019-12-11 15:10:05

etc
Developer
Website

Bloke wrote #320451:

Yeah, I struggled too. There’ll be a way (somehow) to do enough of it to make a rudimentary formatting toolbar, but not the entire Textile feature set. I need to sit down and grok the builder toolset… when I have a spare few weeks to dedicate to understanding it!

The main difficulty I had is ‘txp is not xml’. The standard DOM parser used by ProseMirror is confused by things like

<txp::shortform attr='<txp:tag />' />

I have partly succeeded in ‘hiding’ them on parse and then injecting back, but only one way, iirc.

#90 2019-12-12 08:46:26

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

philwareham wrote #320443:

Basically where the (now removed) #view-modes div was, yes. Since it governs the whole of that region (title, main, excerpt, potentially custom fields one day, etc.).

[[ Putting the “Preview” link at the very top of the column, before the title input field ]]

Hmm. I’m not so sure it is a good idea (it is currently in core). The link looks and feels like completely disconnected from the rest of the column.

On the other hand, what is discussed further in the thread (preview for each textarea / CF – with preview link connected to each) does seem quite interesting.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?

Board footer