Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#11 2018-10-27 13:17:50

colak
Admin
Website

Re: [moot] textarea anchors in Write panel

phiw13 wrote #314764:

Actually, that is not such a bad idea… If there is a way to configure that script to do that (expand the textarea on :focus, it might make it more likable (by me at least) – on larger screens at least. But where I’m not sure is on smaller screens (one column TXP UI).

The problem I see here, is that it might not be able to remember the page’s position on save.

Yiannis
——————————
neme.org | hblack.net | LABS | State Machines | Respbublika! | NeMe @ github

#12 2018-10-27 13:41:31

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [moot] textarea anchors in Write panel

Destry wrote #314770:

Also, just remembering, would it be possible to fix the side bar controls, starting with the Sort and Display fieldset downward?

That would be … difficult and very messy. If you have a couple of the “twisty” boxes open, the side bar becomes long / longer than the viewport height, and the things at the bottom are maybe not accessible (at least not, unless you add scrollbars on it – @overflow: auto”). If you have overlay scrollbars, it is half OK, but e.g. on Windows, or macOS depending on you pointing device, scrollbars are always visible, then you end up with multiple scrollers which is jarring. Yet another layer of visual complexity on that busy panel. Imagine if you have multiple custom fields to make the side column ever longer.

colak wrote #314771:

The problem I see here, is that it might not be able to remember the page’s position on save.

Hmm, possible, I don’t know how that script works under the hood, actually. Keyboard shortcut (cmd / ctrl S) keeps the focus inside the textarea, but not everybody uses that.

Board footer