Re: Feedback to: Textpattern CMS 4.7.0 beta 2 released

Looks good.

#62 2018-03-29 12:09:53

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Bloke wrote #310424:

I think I’ve fixed the Save/Publish issues. Please test on bleeding edge dev.

I think it works OK, only light testing though (and only as publisher…). Overall more simple around that button.

Coming back to the new/create thing, I’ve tinkered in my local installation and tried using ‘new’ everywhere (see screenshots below), like this (…)

Maybe yes? I’ll need to get used to :-/

We can probably infer from other ‘new’ strings what these are in other languages so the cost to translators would be minimal.

Be very careful with that. A string as adverb may not be the same.

Worth the upheaval? Anything better?

Tentative upvote.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#63 2018-03-29 13:13:50

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

phiw13 wrote #310439:

only light testing though (and only as publisher…)

Ah yes, good point. Must test with non-publisher accounts, thanks!

A string as adverb may not be the same.

True. What I meant was that as we have other “New <something>” strings around already, if they all follow the same pattern in any given language as the “Create <something>” strings, we can probably safely alter the text on the translator’s behalf. For any tricky nuances or those that don’t follow a pattern, leave well alone!

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#64 2018-03-29 18:58:14

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Are there any comments in the queue for textpattern.com/weblog/406/textpattern-cms-470-beta-2-released right now? It looks a bit lonely with zero public feedback…

#65 2018-03-30 11:08:21

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

gaekwad wrote #310453:

Are there any comments in the queue for textpattern.com/weblog/406/textpattern-cms-470-beta-2-released right now? It looks a bit lonely with zero public feedback…

I’m still doing checks but I found nothing yet!

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#66 2018-04-05 05:13:19

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

I tried this Textile format into the official https://txstyle.org:

%{width:100%}(txt-right smaller)Extrait : "Title of the Book" by Name of the Author.%

without any problems, but if I add it within my TXP 4.7-dev beta 2 installation on a live server I get an error message when I choose the “preview” tab from the “Write” panel:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /home/www/my-domain-com/textpattern/vendors/Netcarver/Textile/Parser.php:2113 Stack trace: #0 /home/www/my-domain-com/textpattern/vendors/Netcarver/Textile/Parser.php(1992): Netcarver\Textile\Parser->parseAttribsToArray('>', '', true, '') #1 /home/www/my-domain-com/textpattern/vendors/Netcarver/Textile/Parser.php(2840): Netcarver\Textile\Parser->parseAttribs('>') #2 /home/www/my-domain-com/textpattern/vendors/Netcarver/Textile/Parser.php(2774): Netcarver\Textile\Parser->fBlock(Array) #3 /home/www/my-domain-com/textpattern/vendors/Netcarver/Textile/Parser.php(1588): Netcarver\Textile\Parser->blocks('Mon nouvel article...') #4 /home/www/my-domain-com/textpattern/vendors/Netcarver/Textile/Parser.php(1659): Netcarver\Textile\Parser->parse('Nouvel article...') #5 /home/www/my-domain-com/textpattern/vendors/Textpattern/Textfilter/Textile.php(79): Netcarver\Textile\Parser->textileThis('Nouvel article...', false, '', false, '', '') #6 /home/www/my-domain-com/textpattern/vendors in /home/www/cara-tm-com/textpattern/vendors/Netcarver/Textile/Parser.php on line 2113

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#67 2018-04-05 09:30:22

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Pat64 wrote #310626:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings

You must be running a fairly recent version of PHP then. 7 I’d guess, while txstyle.org must be using PHP 5. This is a bug in Textile. It’s declaring variables as strings then trying to use them as arrays later. They need to be declared as empty arrays, probably.

We should probably patch this locally and then make a PR to fix this in the Textile repo. Thanks for finding it!

Last edited by Bloke (2018-04-05 09:30:44)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#68 2018-04-05 09:37:23

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Maybe ask Steve for commit rights to the Textile repo too? There’s fixes that have long been in branches on the repo there that I’d really like to see in a new Textile release sometime.

#69 2018-04-05 09:42:39

colak
Admin

Bloke wrote #310636:

You must be running a fairly recent version of PHP then. 7 I’d guess, while txstyle.org must be using PHP 5. This is a bug in Textile. It’s declaring variables as strings then trying to use them as arrays later. They need to be declared as empty arrays, probably.

We should probably patch this locally and then make a PR to fix this in the Textile repo. Thanks for finding it!

I checked the string on the dev site running PHP version: 7.0.28. It parsed without any issues…

Yiannis
——————————

#70 2018-04-05 09:44:21

colak
Admin

philwareham wrote #310637:

Maybe ask Steve for commit rights to the Textile repo too? There’s fixes that have long been in branches on the repo there that I’d really like to see in a new Textile release sometime.

+1:)

Yiannis
——————————

#71 2018-04-05 09:51:35

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Yeah, it worked for me too, but I think later versions of PHP (or those with certain compile-time flags enabled) are more strict.

Try the latest dev branch to see if it’s fixed please. If it works I’ll submit it to the Textile repo.

philwareham wrote #310637:

Maybe ask Steve for commit rights to the Textile repo too?

I thought I had them, but I guess not. Can’t find where GitHub lists what memberships I have to what projects.

#72 2018-04-05 10:27:22

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Bloke wrote #310640:

I thought I had them, but I guess not. Can’t find where GitHub lists what memberships I have to what projects.

Doesn’t look like you are part of the Textile team at the moment.

I mean, our previous representative on that team we can assume is non-active now.

Board footer