Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2018-04-07 07:54:42

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: com_connect - form and contact mailer

Being a solely public-only plugin, we’ve shied away from any admin-side code so all defaults and stuff have been handled in tags. Now that lang strings are wholly local, I’m thinking of writing – either for core in 4.8 or as a plugin – a means of editing strings in the DB. That would allow you to filter by type (event) or owner or something and let you tinker with the strings in the database.

The only thing to solve would be that the core strings would be overwritten if you updated the language, and the Plugin strings, likewise, would be reinstated from the plugin each time. That’s desirable from a general workflow situation (when installing new languages, for example), but not so desirable if you’ve customised the strings. Needs some thought.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#62 2018-04-07 07:58:15

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Destry wrote #310726:

If I use the thanks="" attribute override. The CSS :after above doesn’t work anymore.

That is weird. The <div> with its class should still exist, even if the contents is empty. After you’ve submitted, please check in your browser DOM inspector whether this is the case.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#63 2018-04-07 08:00:40

Destry
Website

Bloke wrote #310732:

That is weird. The <div> with its class should still exist, even if the contents is empty. After you’ve submitted, please check in your browser DOM inspector whether this is the case.

Yes, it does still exist.

But, now that I know about the link, that ‘s a better method anyway. I will use the link somehow.

Btw, I am sure you have given much thought to all of these issues already. I’m just thinking aloud as I stumble through it all.

But feedback messages are kind of an important “content” and subjective to audience and needs. And keeping the text out of the tag does seem cleaner. Having them as a controllable field in preferences is not a bad idea. Just me. I admit the translation is a worthy factor, though.

I wouldn’t even use the form, tbh, if just adding an email address (encrypted or not) didn’t glean so much f-ing spam. I don’t know how it happens, but I’ve ruined a few email accounts from doing that. So, trying the form.

#64 2018-04-07 08:36:26

Destry
Website

Bloke wrote #310730:

You don’t necessarily have to tell people to refresh, btw. You can just offer a link to the same page URL without the #:

<a href="<txp:page_url />">Send another message</a>...

Ok, sweet. This works:

thanks="⚡️ Your message has been sent successfully.<span>(If you need to send another message, <a href='<txp:page_url />'>click here</a>.)</span>">

I like how this keeps the link conditional to the confirmation only.

#65 2018-04-14 15:40:13

MarcoK
Plugin Author
Website

Hi guys. It’s a lot of time that I don’t write in. Now I have a little question.
My trouble is that I have insert this new plugin (but with the older zem_contact is the same) into a old website with txp 4.5.7
When I try to send an email I obtain the correct text: Thank you, your message has been sent. but no email was send… or more correctly, I don’t receive any email.
Some advice?

#66 2018-04-14 17:13:29

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Hi Marco

The particular plugin is for txp 4.6.2 and newer. I would actually update the installation to the latest stable release or even the 4.7beta3 as they contain security updates.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#67 2018-04-14 17:38:19

MarcoK
Plugin Author
Website

colak wrote #311042:

Hi Marco

The particular plugin is for txp 4.6.2 and newer. I would actually update the installation to the latest stable release or even the 4.7beta3 as they contain security updates.

Hi Colak
I read this from com_cennect readme

Installing and upgrading
Requires Textpattern 4.5.0+

And… I have the same problem with older zem_contact

Last edited by MarcoK (2018-04-14 17:38:46)

#68 2018-04-28 07:17:51

lythande
Website

Hi,

can I change this form with com_connect?

<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="link to newsletter/mailman-database">
  Email: <INPUT NAME="email" VALUE="" TYPE="text">
  <INPUT NAME="email-button" VALUE="Anmelden" TYPE="submit">
  </FORM>

#69 2018-04-28 08:02:10

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

MarcoK wrote #311044:

Hi Colak
I read this from com_cennect readme

And… I have the same problem with older zem_contact

Would that be a server specific problem then?

>Edited to add: temporarily change the site status to debug, send the mail and check the source code. Somehow I do not think that it will reveal much, but you never know.

Last edited by colak (2018-04-28 08:03:45)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#70 2018-04-29 20:35:40

lythande
Website

lythande wrote #311493:

Hi,

<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="link to newsletter/mailman-database">...

sorry, is someone here for helping me, please? :-)

#71 2018-04-30 10:11:32

jakob
Admin
Website

lythande wrote #311493:

Hi,

<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="link to newsletter/mailman-database">...

If you’re continuing to use mailman, then I don’t think you need com_connect for that. So you could style your form as you like it and have it send to your existing mailman signup link.

The standard behaviour for com_connect is to send an email to the site owner. You can replace/augment that behaviour with a plugin that hooks into the send mechanism to save to a database or to another mailing list service but it requires a bit of programming (e.g. there was an example for mailchimp somewhere). See the API docs.

One other idea: It’s been a long time since I used mailman, but I believe there is also a way to sign up via an email to the list but the email body has to have a particular format. That might be an option if you have com_connect send to your mailman-request email and use the body_form attribute to perhaps achieve that.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#72 2018-05-02 07:20:52

lythande
Website

Hi Jacob,

much thanks for your reply. I understand better and using at moment the form in the original from mailman and have create with php and html a honeypot. I will thinking over the idea with sign up with email. I know that is possible. And then I can using com_connect-form and cleaner for make a secury form. Thanks!

Lythande

Board footer