Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2017-06-15 20:18:58

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: Textpattern.org is down. Where has access to all the plugins gone?

And my rvm_* plugins are here

#26 2017-06-16 05:37:11

makss
Plugin Author
Website

A local workaround is to add a line to your hosts file:

37.153.96.164   textpattern.org

BTW, is there a backup textpattern.org? While it is available on the hosting you need to do it.

aks_cron : Cron inside Textpattern | aks_article : extended article_custom tag
aks_cache : cache for TxP | aks_dragdrop : Drag&Drop categories (article, link, image, file)

#27 2017-06-16 08:28:16

makss
Plugin Author
Website

Taking the opportunity, I read the nginx documentation and drank a couple of cups of coffee. ;-)

If someone urgently needs access to textpattern.org , then you can use the subdomain http://txp-org.uaho.net/ This subdomain does not contain any content, only proxy to the textpattern.org domain occurs. On this subdomain, indexing by search engines is forbidden, so duplication of content will not happen.

aks_cache : cache for TxP | aks_dragdrop : Drag&Drop categories (article, link, image, file)

#28 2017-06-16 08:40:05

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

makss wrote #305991:

Taking the opportunity, I read the nginx documentation and drank a couple of cups of coffee. ;-)

If someone urgently needs access to textpattern.org , then you can use the subdomain http://txp-org.uaho.net/ This subdomain does not contain any content, only proxy to the textpattern.org domain occurs. On this subdomain, indexing by search engines is forbidden, so duplication of content will not happen.

Your are a baaad person … :/ That works quite well in a quick test (and fast too!).

Did you enjoy the coffee?

But, as others already stated, the DB etc should be backed-up asap, and the whole thing recreated on a textpattern.io sub-domain.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#29 2017-06-16 09:10:39

makss
Plugin Author
Website

Yes, of course, need to completely transfer the whole site textpattern.org on the subdomain textpattern.io

I liked coffee, but I still sleep. ;-)

#30 2017-06-16 09:11:26

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Hi guys. I take it that the database and all files are still hosted in Joyent so I guess that our devs have full access to it.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#31 2017-06-16 09:19:08

kemie
Plugin Author
Website

I have not been very active in the txp universe for a while, but I can volunteer some css redesign for the plugin repository if it gets moved , to bring it into this decade and more in line with other txp sites.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~| monolinea.com | pixilate.com | istockphoto.com/kemie |~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#32 2017-06-16 09:45:14

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

kemie wrote #305997:

I can volunteer some css redesign for the plugin repository if it gets moved, to bring it into this decade and more in line with other txp sites.

Where’s the thumbs-up emoji…

Talk to philwareham. He’s about ready for a relaunch of our main website (and it looks terrific) so if the .org domain stays dormant then maybe we can work something out and resurrect it somewhere else. I think I have a copy of the DB from about 2009, if that’s any use, but I don’t know which of my many drives it’s on. I could look.

We had grand plans for .org but the distributed nature of coding now in the GitHub era has changed the focus somewhat. While there’s probably still a place for a central repository of code — and I would suggest hosting of the actual plugin .txt files to avoid link rot when domains go away — it’s a burden for plugin developers to have to maintain their code in multiple places.

I would love to rethink the role of .org and be smart about it. Maybe give .org a clever way of interpreting some “feed” (in whatever form it may take) that allows registered plugin developers to hook .org into their existing publishing workflow (be that GitHub, their own site, whatever). Then, with a simple push of a button or a cron script we could spider the official repos out there, yank the meta data into the DB and grab any published versions that differ from the last ones, storing it all automatically.

.org then just becomes a search tool, as was always intended. Things like compatibility matrices (what version of Txp a plugin officialy supports) and dependencies and stuff would be wonderful, and we can probably add that optional stuff to the feeds in time. But for now, having all the plugins available from one place would be better than nothing.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#33 2017-06-16 10:18:49

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

The thumbs up emoji would require the forum to be updated to use utf8mb4 – I know that because I’ve just updated my local version of the new upcoming Textpattern main website database to allow emojis in articles and comments. :)

Anyway… yes the new main site is launching when I get back from holidays – around 2 weeks from now hopefully. I’ve just gone one section (showcases) to finish building and then it’s ready.

After that we can begin planning what can replace the .org site (I’d like to follow whatever method we choose for a plugins site to also be used for a themes site). If that means something Jekyll-based for easy user contributions or something Textpattern-based for better curation I don’t know yet. The CSS I use for the main site, this forum and docs site is already written so we could put something together fairly quickly given the right plan.

PS. I could look at updating the forum to allow emojis if there is a call for it (I’d have to take the forum offline for a few hours to do that). Again in a couple of weeks maybe.

#34 2017-06-16 10:32:44

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

philwareham wrote #306001:

I could look at updating the forum to allow emojis if there is a call for it

OT: I was joking, but then again…

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#35 2017-06-16 12:12:26

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

Bloke wrote #306002:

OT: I was joking, but then again…

?????????

Edit: I wasn’t sure what would happen.

Last edited by michaelkpate (2017-06-16 12:13:22)

#36 2017-06-16 13:32:33

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Ta dah, Emojis! ??

See this post. Only new posts from here on will allow emojis, as vanilla FluxBB strips them out (which I’ve disabled now).

Yes, I realise this is totally OT. Sorry.

Board footer