Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2019-07-05 10:59:38

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: smd_imagery: for photographers, photobloggers and category geeks

Hi,

you can try abc_article_image, it seems to do what you need. It also allows for images upload directly on Write tab.

#14 2019-07-05 16:13:25

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

johnstephens wrote #318631:

Are there alternatives that would make a simpler workflow?

I can’t think of a way to offer a class selection without over-complicating the interface. If you can think of one, then please let me know.

In the meantime, although not a direct replacement for classes, I am tinkering with the notion I had originally of multiple templates. In short, a select list above the Template textarea that allows you to define any number(ish – max size of the prefs data column notwithstanding) of templates, name them and switch between them. So you could make one template for each class as a one-off exercise and then just pick the one you want to get the code.

On the back of that, I am considering the notion of global templates. So, perhaps, Publisher accounts would have an additional checkbox when creating a template to make it local to their account or to publish it as “global” for all users. It should then be possible to combine this master list with each user’s own list (and in true Txp style, the user plates will override a master template if it has the same name). Local users would not be able to delete these global templates, but Publishers can.

I’ll have to see if that’s possible. But I’ll work on the former modification first and see how far we can go.

P.S. I would advise against smd_macros from 4.7+ and use short codes instead, which are native and way more flexible.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#15 2019-07-06 05:36:31

ibadullah

etc Developer!
Thank you very much for such wonderful plugin, it work fine in the previously uploaded images but when you want to upload direct image in the write panel it doesn’t show the image when you save the article. can you please help me in this mater.
i need to upload image directly in the write panel and it should show the image in the preview of article.

#16 2019-07-07 07:25:40

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

ibadullah wrote #318648:

etc Developer!
Thank you very much for such wonderful plugin, it work fine in the previously uploaded images but when you want to upload direct image in the write panel it doesn’t show the image when you save the article. can you please help me in this mater.
i need to upload image directly in the write panel and it should show the image in the preview of article.

Could you provide more details, please? The standard plugin’s workflow is the following:

1. under Article image tab click (or drag) on Upload zone to add some image(s). Their previews are shown in this zone, but the images are not yet uploaded.
  2. save the article.
  3. the images are uploaded and their ids added to Article image field. Their thumbnails are shown under the input box.

Is your experience different? Note that if you click on Preview article tab before saving the article, the newly added images preview will be emptied. This will be fixed in the upcoming custom fields branch.

Board footer